Opinion---Best windshield for GL1800 Trike

Feb 5, 2016
Monterey, TN, USA
Okay another question for all you trike owners of GL1800; What windshield do you currently have? I need to replace mine with another due to scratches and gouges that occurred when my bike fell over in my toy hauler a few years ago.

Stock Shield

Windbender

Klockwerks

Cee Baileys

F4 Custom

Taka Recurve

Tulsa

​Please post which shield you have and why you feel it is the best for the GL1800 trike.

Which ever F4 you pick would be a great choice :pepper:
My choice was the +4 tinted & vented.
I had several different shields over the years and the F4 is ahead of all the rest.
It's likely the last shield you'll ever need to buy ThumbUp
Scratch resistant and water beads off(I would suggest a piece of auto door edge guard be placed across the top of the shield)
Can be cleaned with Windex and paper towel.
There are cheaper shields out there but, none measure up to the F4:clapping:

I have Optic Armor on both the trike and the bike. Like looking through the windshield of my truck. Can use windex and paper towels to clean. F4 is also a great shield. Both are really similar but there is a significant differance in price.

I have the taller Klockwerks. Easy to look through at tallest and nice and short on the lowest. Stopped at their shop in Mitchall S.D. last summer and they installer it. They gave me a trial run. We stopped back a week latter had a nice conversation with Brian Klock. The wife says there is no or little buffing for her.

My ride had the V-Stream shield on it when I bought it. I liked it, riding single. Since the wife retired & is riding with me most of the time now, I switched to the Clearview shield. It's 4" taller & 3" wider, better for the passenger, so I'm told.

I've used Clearview shields on all my bikes. They're always a good fit, and you can use regular Rain-X for polishing and water repellent.

Well after careful consideration and wanting a shield that reduces buffeting for my wife, I have decided to give the Klock Werks Flare a try. I ordered the tall version with vent hole (same as stock 16-20"). Of course, getting it at a nice Bike Week discount, didn't hurt either.

I will have to give a complete report after several trips under varied riding conditions.

windshield

slipstreamerlogo.jpg

Great windshields 5 mm thick

I think the Klock Werks shield is barely known to the Wing community. But I felt that it's more aerodynamic shape and look would greatly improve buffeting, handling and maybe even a tad more fuel economy.

The F4 looks like nothing more than a larger version of the stock shield which is nothing more than a flat wind dam pushing down the road.

I think the Klock Werks shield is barely known to the Wing community. But I felt that it's more aerodynamic shape and look would greatly improve buffeting, handling and maybe even a tad more fuel economy.

The F4 looks like nothing more than a larger version of the stock shield which is nothing more than a flat wind dam pushing down the road.

Tndrag, I am also looking for a w/s for my G/W. The Klock Werks that you are looking to buy is it short and you can look over OR are you looking for one that is taller and you look through? I have been looking at the Optic Armor or the Long Ride Shield.

Gold Rush has the Optic Armor and said it was not worth the $$$. I like to look over the shield but wanted something to deflect turbulence over my wife. The LRS was originally on my radar but lost in the end to Klock Werks.

I have the new shield but I am awaiting the trike conversion.

Stock but its too danged expensive.
National Switch Blade if they made it for the 1800. Which they don't.
F4 given a choice. Or better yet remembering it:xzqxz:
Ive had and still do have a National Switch Blade on my Yamaha. Best screen Ive ever had, hands down.ThumbUp
Like an IDIOT.:qpnmt: I bought a National V-Stream. For the fact it said it would lower buffeting. It does.
But now when it rains no matter what height its at.
Right in my face all the time every time. SUX.:gah:

F-4 is the next one.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daedalus

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daedalus
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png