Need opinion

wlivin2

400+ Posts
Feb 22, 2020
Washington Pa USA
As you know my mother in law passed on the28th.know the coroner is investigating the home .We put her for respit care for 4 days . First 2 days where good she was walking around talking and eating .3rd day she fell out of bed. When she was taken to the hospital for X-Ray the hospital told us the home overdosed her and gave her 2 narcan and a reversal drug. My wife is thinking about sueing the home .what do you think about this. Any advice or opinion

get every piece of paper, email, text that you can find, especially for those last few days. Do you have any pictures, voice mails from her, anything even if it seems unrelated save it and let the lawyers decide what is relevant and what is not.

I am sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose a mother, even a mother-in-law. This is the person who knew your wife the longest, and your kids grandmother.

You can try a lawyer. When my mother went in the home, we had to sign papers that we would not hold them accountable or they wouldn't take her.

All of the above and contact the hospital for their records and the employee there who told you about the overdose.

You can try a lawyer. When my mother went in the home, we had to sign papers that we would not hold them accountable or they wouldn't take her.

That’s a standard Boiler plate form ….And that does not negate negligence on their part…That said they know how to cover their asses …My wife worked at a large nursing home facility… Medical records/And coding..

That’s a standard Boiler plate form ….And that does not negate negligence on their part…That said they know how to cover their asses …My wife worked at a large nursing home facility… Medical records/And coding..

Truth be told it would have been a blessing for either one of my parents. After all keeping them alive or just breathing really. Is something only the children want. My father wanted Kevorkian and he wasn't kidding. Financial gain won't change anything that has already happened:Shrug:

When my grandmother passed in march there were quite a few irregularities to say the least.

She had said constantly for 2 yrs she just wanted to go.I knew she was where she wanted to be so I just left it alone.

Update

Talked to the coroner today .they told me they are going threw all medical records . Then they will decide if they will start a case. All this is doing is upsetting my wife and causing more heart ache for her why does thing kind of thing happen?

Talked to the coroner today .they told me they are going threw all medical records . Then they will decide if they will start a case. All this is doing is upsetting my wife and causing more heart ache for her why does thing kind of thing happen?

Because someone apparently made a mistake and unsuccessful efforts were made to fix it.Someone found out about it and they are appear to trying to determine if. it was incompetence or a mistake and how to go forward to try to keep it from happening again.It would scare you to death if you knew the kinds of things that happen we never know about.I wish I had the words that would offer comfort.

If I may interject: Go see a lawyer, first visit is usually free. I think time is a wasting and things will be lost or missed place. Just a opinion Sorry for your lost.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joefontenot

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joefontenot
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png