What is the Best Mod you did to your Trike?

Hi Ozarkryder, Could you please post a picture of your RAM Mounts showing your GPS, Phone & Drink Holder. I am just starting to look for something to mount my on my 03 Goldwing Trike?
Thanks in advance

Smaller picture is the original cup holder with a single 1" ("B" size) ball brake/clutch clamp RAM mount and a Moto Fizz cup holder. Big picture is the current holder I madebfor a Bubba 24 oz Hero Sport Bottle with the same RAM products.
IMAGE_096 (Small) (Small) (WinCE).jpgIMG_0861 - Copy.JPG
I originally put a RAM ball on the underside of the armrest, used a medium arm again and a "B" size ball on a BCS cup holder. Bigger picture is the current RAM clamp on the grab handle after Gloria had me take off the armrests , medium arm and another home made holder for a Bubba bottle.
IMAGE_094 (WinCE).jpgIMG_0867 - Copy.JPG
Here is the GPS holder and the phone holder on a double ball clutch/brake mount on the left handlebar. The GPS and phone mounts are from RAM, I use a medium arm on the GPS and a short arm on the phone holder.
GPS mount.JPGIMAG0001 - Copy.JPG
RAM webside has an amazingly large selection of products: http://www.rammount.com/
If I can't find what I need locally (I rarely can, not many RAM dealers in our area) I used to go through Express Mounts, but now I use GPS City. They are the same company, the prices are usually the same, they take the same credit cards, but GPS city takes PayPal while Express Mounts doesn't.

Last edited:
A few of the best thing I have done are a tuner, floor board extensions, T-Glide lifts & 2+2 handle bars, & I made a wood bead seat cover.

Smaller picture is the original cup holder with a single 1" ("B" size) ball brake/clutch clamp RAM mount and a Moto Fizz cup holder. Big picture is the current holder I madebfor a Bubba 24 oz Hero Sport Bottle with the same RAM products.
View attachment 34287View attachment 34288
I originally put a RAM ball on the underside of the armrest, used a medium arm again and a "B" size ball on a BCS cup holder. Bigger picture is the current RAM clamp on the grab handle after Gloria had me take off the armrests , medium arm and another home made holder for a Bubba bottle.
View attachment 34289View attachment 34290
Here is the GPS holder and the phone holder on a double ball clutch/brake mount on the left handlebar. The GPS and phone mounts are from RAM, I use a medium arm on the GPS and a short arm on the phone holder.
View attachment 34291View attachment 34292
RAM webside has an amazingly large selection of products: http://www.rammount.com/
If I can't find what I need locally (I rarely can, not many RAM dealers in our area) I used to go through Express Mounts, but now I use GPS City. They are the same company, the prices are usually the same, they take the same credit cards, but GPS city takes PayPal while Express Mounts doesn't.

Ram mounts for everything! Do they make a nut-cup holder with swedish massage?

Most of maany

What is the best mod you did to your trike? If you have more than one that you really like, then name the top two or three in order of 1st, 2nd and 3rd and what you like about each one. This can be a modification, a tuner, paint job, handlebar, engine upgrade, accessory etc.

Also, post your trike info first, example:

Harley Ultra Hannigan Conversion
or
Honda GL1800 Roadsmith Conversion
or
Harley Tri-Glide

1- I :pepper::pepper:got a trigg for my VTX 1800
2- 6 degree rake from Randy
3- and the list goes on and on

'08 Special Construction, "Bug Bike"

1.) Replaced the front end with one having a shorter offset. Eliminated understeer completely.

2.) Replaced pegs with floor boards and raised the seat. Much improved comfort and ride.

3.) Installed a hydraulic clutch. Much easier to operate.

Godspeed and ride safe!

Sheeesh, I thought I was doing good replacing the spark plugs, and changing the oil and filter! I see all of the other work you people have done and I Feel like I'm missing something! But this ol girl still keeps clicking along!!1990 GW Lehman Trike

1992 Goldwing with a mototrike kit. The best mod was new rear rims and going from the 235/60/15 to 205/65/15. Trike now handles great. Also getting rid of the smog control and adding 4 degree trigger wheel.

David

So far on 2021

Best mods.

1 . legends lift kit

2. changed to LED custom dynamics headlight

3. added spacers to rider floorboards

Im still under warranty so there will be more to come.:Dorag:

With my 2019......Its bone stock....How long will i keep it that way :Shrug:...But after having 2 Tri-Glides before this one...I don't think this one needs any improvements like the other ones needed..

2012 Can Am Spyder RTL. Lots of mods over the years but at 68,000+its still going strong. My best mod is the hydration system. I bought a Motojug.com system with an Arctic Trails 1 gallon stainless steel jug and it works great. I love being able to take as much water as I want to start to feel cool inside. It has worked well to keep me hydrated.

GL1800 Homegrown Mods

Hi all. Picked up a 2001 GL1800 a few months ago. I'm a cheap guy and have made some inexpensive mods (mostly from the wife's honeyDo list for when she's a passenger). Pictures follow...

• Added Bluetooth with a triple USB outlet. Brings my phone into the bike speakers for music and Maps direction.
  • Have the crossunder bar for the back rest. It helped locate a place to put a water bottle. I don't use the back rest when she's with me so I just added a piece of 5/8 tube to clamp to.
  • Added push in ball lock pins to the arm rest struts to lock in place. Keeps them from flying around.
  • Replaced footped extensions with 1 1/2" longer and added a roll pin stop to keep them angled out more. Saves my knees from bending around the air cowling.
  • Made a mount to hold the sport cam in an accessible spot and ran the cable to the outlet to keep charging the battery. Always on and recording when I startup.
  • Bought cheap aftermarket front foot rests and put them in the back for my wifes big feet. Also added alum. wedged blocks between the mounts to angle them outward more. Saves her knees from bending inward onto the older, smaller footrests.
  • Had to add some lighting. Mainly because I like lights.

Mods were not expensive but useful. Happy wife..Happy life

Attachments

• Trike904.jpg
    Trike904.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 165
  • Trike903.jpg
    Trike903.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Trike902.jpg
    Trike902.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Trike901.jpg
    Trike901.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Trike905.jpg
    Trike905.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Trike906.jpg
    Trike906.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 48
  • Trike907.jpg
    Trike907.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Trike908.jpg
    Trike908.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Trike909.jpg
    Trike909.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 47
  • 20220517_094532.jpg
    20220517_094532.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 20220325_063201.jpg
    20220325_063201.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 44
top 3

2021 TriGlide

so far with more to come so this list may change

1. change out stock shocks all around to Legends with Legends lift kit (consider this as one as I did it at one time)

2. swapped stock seat for Hammock seat

3. swapped stock bars to KST mayhems

Now the Big Green Machine rides and steers like it should and is so much more comfortable!!!! I guess I'm getting too old :)to not be comfortable but I'm happy.:clapping: MANY MORE MODS TO COME!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png