Got an electrical question that has nothing to do with Trikes

Jun 15, 2013
Red Banks, MS
Got an electrical question that has nothing to do with Trikes

I have a fan and vent that operate off the same switch. Right now when the switch activates it sends 110 volts to both the vent and the fan.

I would like to have the fan receive power at least 10 seconds after the vent receives power.

This is a 110 volt system and the fan is a bit less than 5 amps.

Ideally I would like to hard wire some sort of delay circuit/relay (I don't know the proper terminology) in between the power source and the fan.

I have searched google and am having trouble finding such an animal...I see a lot of delay circuits, but the all seem to have 11 pin connectors. I just need a connection for the hot, ground and neutral going in and the same coming out.

Any help on what I can purchase, and where, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Kevin

I have a fan and vent that operate off the same switch. Right now when the switch activates it sends 110 volts to both the vent and the fan.

I would like to have the fan receive power at least 10 seconds after the vent receives power.

This is a 110 volt system and the fan is a bit less than 5 amps.

Ideally I would like to hard wire some sort of delay circuit/relay (I don't know the proper terminology) in between the power source and the fan.

I have searched google and am having trouble finding such an animal...I see a lot of delay circuits, but the all seem to have 11 pin connectors. I just need a connection for the hot, ground and neutral going in and the same coming out.

Any help on what I can purchase, and where, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Kevin

Good Morning Kevin. You could use this delay control to activate a relay strong enough to feed fan motor power. It appears the device only opens/closes connection to one wire but that will do the job. Your relay should not draw anywhere near the 1.5 amp delay circuit output limit. Good luck with the project. :xszpv: :xszpv:

Here is the link.... http://www.supplyhouse.com/ICM-Contr...FYkCaQodZhAMSQ

This device is used for $20 (new it's over $200) from ebay. It's all in one rated at 10 amps a/c so should also do the job.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AGASTAT-TIME...zIWbJ3CDB7Thxg

Thank you! ThumbUp

I ordered the "all in one" unit off ebay.

Should work well with the fan/vent combo in the greenhouse. The fan is so strong that it makes the vent work overly hard to open. Now the vent will be all the way open before the fan kicks on.

Thermostat%20for%20fan%20and%20vent_zpsa9ge4yow.jpg

Greenhouse%202%203-11-16_zpsvy0o50vv.jpg

I said this was not Trike related, but it really is...in a round about way.

Mary grows a lot of our food in her garden. However, we are usually on bike trips during the prime growing season, which has been frustrating for her, and limited what she could grow.

So we set up a greenhouse so she can grow our food year round.

This is a pic of the outside, 1 week after she first planted in it. Taken on January 22nd-

Greenhouse%201-22-16_zpsd3igz8bw.jpg

This is a couple of weeks after this first use, taken on February 2nd. In the teens outside!

Greenhouse%202-3-16_zps3vg49mu1.jpg

Photo taken today, March 3rd.

Greenhouse%203-11-16_zpsruhljjar.jpg

Thank you for the assist!

Kevin

Kevin, what happened to all the produce in the other container? It was full about a month ago when I was there. Y'all been chowing down on some greens?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png