Indian trike forum

Good luck. I'm right there with you. I bought my Indian Roadmaster for the purpose of converting when I have to finally give up two wheels. Although I'm hoping a reverse trike conversion is available. If not it will be a Hannigan as well. I THINK???:confused: That Frankenstein kit is looking inviting.

Just found this Indian Trike Forum

Hope the numbers increase. I just bought this (used) 2015 Indian Roadmaster with 2017 CSC Arrow trike kit (with rake kit). I've put about 500 miles on it so far. I bought it from the dealer who "triked" it and he said that although CSC lists the "rake kit" as an option, they would not build a trike kit without a rake kit because the handling is so bad. The trike rides great, sounds great and so far so good. No offense to my HD friends, but I rode a tri-glide with solid axle and I thought they mistakenly gave me a UPS truck. The CSC independent suspension is 100 times better comfort wise and handling wise. I don't have a lot of experience with solid axle vs independent (and maybe the Tri glide wasn't set up right) but my recommendation is get rake kit and independent suspension.

IMG_20170822_155642 (Large).jpg

Indian trike

I am waiting on my new 2016 Road Master being triked by California Side Car. Scheduled for March 30,2016 Trike Talk has been my major source of information on my 2008 CSC Harley and my 2014 CSC Goldwing. Question is: I do not see any activity on the Indian Trike Section. Are the others out there with Indian Trikes? Hope to see more postings Bill (ge4ever) Lynchburg, Va

I've had my 2015 Roadmaster tricked out for about a year now. California Side car with ground effects. The ground effects protect you from just about anything in front of you, rain, rocks. The front has lights that go on when you use your blinkers. Great investment.

Rake

My wife and I are looking to buy a used Roadmaster and have it triked. Talked to a dealer who installs Motor Trike kits and when I asked him about a rake kit they said they would try it without one. They said I could always add it if I thought I needed it. What do all of you think?

If you don't put a rake extension on it, the steering is very hard. There are several rake kits out there, you have to make the decision on what you feel comfortable with.

I have this 2016 Indian Chief Vintage on layaway until April. I have been researching having it converted to a trike (If I can sell my current trike). During my research I found some pictures of this exact bike with a sidecar kit. I have since decided that if I can come up with the $$, I'll do the Hannigan sidecar instead of the trike. The reason is, a trike is a trike. A bike with a sidecar would give me the option of disconnecting the sidecar and still being able to ride the bike. One vehicle to register and transport vs. insuring and registering two vehicles.

In my opinion, as much as I like the Hannigan Indian Trike, I really like the looks of the Indian Vintage more as a sidecar than a trike.

Additionally, I would take my bike to Kentucky and have the folks at Hannigan do the build since I fought for almost 3 years with the guy who was supposed to build my last trike. Here it is 4years + later and he still owes me $700.

Attachments

• Indian.jpg
    Indian.jpg
    757.7 KB · Views: 216
Hope the numbers increase. I just bought this (used) 2015 Indian Roadmaster with 2017 CSC Arrow trike kit (with rake kit). I've put about 500 miles on it so far. I bought it from the dealer who "triked" it and he said that although CSC lists the "rake kit" as an option, they would not build a trike kit without a rake kit because the handling is so bad. The trike rides great, sounds great and so far so good. No offense to my HD friends, but I rode a tri-glide with solid axle and I thought they mistakenly gave me a UPS truck. The CSC independent suspension is 100 times better comfort wise and handling wise. I don't have a lot of experience with solid axle vs independent (and maybe the Tri glide wasn't set up right) but my recommendation is get rake kit and independent suspension.

View attachment 48740

When I visited the factory at CSC they were building one. Was impressed as to the time it actually takes to assemble the kit to a bike , then tweak it to specs. There paint shop is also great as to any spec the customer wants. Excellent folks to do biz with, plus they answer the phone :clapping:Enjoy that Injun . IRS is the way to go !

As far as a rake kit, I have a 2016 Indian Roadmaster and it already has less rake than the other bagger models Indian makes.

Compound that with the fact that the MotorTrike kit does NOT lengthen the wheelbase, when I do the conversion, I will not

have them put the rake kit on. If I feel later on that I need one, I will order it and install it myself (saving hundreds).

Thanks.....Tom Woodgeard - Sarasota, Florida

Actually the trail number is the one you want, not the steeriing angle. The Indian has 5.9 inches a Goldwihg has 4.3 and a tri glide 3.9. People rake Goldwings all the time. Wheelbase has more effect on steering quickness than effort.

I have this 2016 Indian Chief Vintage on layaway until April. I have been researching having it converted to a trike (If I can sell my current trike). During my research I found some pictures of this exact bike with a sidecar kit. I have since decided that if I can come up with the $$, I'll do the Hannigan sidecar instead of the trike. The reason is, a trike is a trike. A bike with a sidecar would give me the option of disconnecting the sidecar and still being able to ride the bike. One vehicle to register and transport vs. insuring and registering two vehicles.

In my opinion, as much as I like the Hannigan Indian Trike, I really like the looks of the Indian Vintage more as a sidecar than a trike.

Additionally, I would take my bike to Kentucky and have the folks at Hannigan do the build since I fought for almost 3 years with the guy who was supposed to build my last trike. Here it is 4years + later and he still owes me $700.

possibly u are past the "thinking" stage..

just a suggestion.. if you set the bike up to handle well with the chair .. that is with reduced trail.. you would want to ride it with the chair off... and if you dont change the trees i doubt you will be happy with how it handles

I'm of the same mind as you! I'm currently considering looking for an Indian Chief Vintage in the same color scheme as yours with the intent of adding a Hannigan sidecar for the same reasons you stated.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png