***Outlaw HiFlow 606 Air Cleaner Systems are Here***

Just got my 606 with Traditional EBS in the mail for my 2017 M8. Really high quality parts. One question....

The backing plate is stout and heavy. So, when installing the backing plate on the throttle body, do I leave the 16400049 Induction Module Bracket in situ and replace the OEM breather bolts with the DK breather bolts and banjo fitting to provide support for the AC? Or did I miss getting a bracket that I need to hold the AC assembly up?

You are good to go with your kit, the breathers bolt thru the existing bracket;)

This is the AC I have It works great:clapping:

Yes, as Jack said, you should have a factory support bracket. Leave it on, works great.

btw, Jack was the first person to have an Outlaw 606 Air Cleaner for an M8 engine.

He was kind enough to bring his M8 Freewheeler up our way for a few days several years ago. Was a good time having him here and doing some R&D with his Freewheeler.

Looking forward to the next time he can make it up this way.

Kevin

Jeff, if I remember right Kevin and Devin tried all their air cleaner set ups on my M8 to see how they stacked up

The Outlaw AC did the best job

I like it , it tucks in nicely giving more leg room

Kudos to D K Customs in their quest to bring to market the best of the best:clapping:

Jeff, if I remember right Kevin and Devin tried all their air cleaner set ups on my M8 to see how they stacked up

I like it , it tucks in nicely giving more leg room

Kudos to D K Customs in their quest to bring to market the best of the best:clapping:

Yep, that was a long, loud day on the dyno with your FW.

Actually the Outlaw 636V out-performed the Outlaw 606 by a bit, but you did not like the forward facing look, so went with the 606.

We have a bunch of charts of your Freewheeler on our site at this LINK.

That was a good time man. And you saw the nitty gritty, grind it out, sometimes boring work of putting together prototypes.

Appreciate your patience & help!

Kevin

Yep, that was a long, loud day on the dyno with your FW.

Actually the Outlaw 636V out-performed the Outlaw 606 by a bit, but you did not like the forward facing look, so went with the 606.

We have a bunch of charts of your Freewheeler on our site at this LINK.

That was a good time man. And you saw the nitty gritty, grind it out, sometimes boring work of putting together prototypes.

Appreciate your patience & help!

Kevin

Never boring when I got to see first hand the changes;)

I would do it all over again , you and Devin were so damn thorough and were willing to answer all questions with no baloney

I cant say enuff good things about y'all :clapping:

I am curious to see how your 114 M8 does, no wheelies til it is broke in:p

One more thing, I did not like the looks of the forward facing AC nor the leg room compromise

Tho I can see how a ram force like that facing forward out of the hotter air could and would be a plus, just not my style

I like it , it tucks in nicely giving more leg roomKudos to D K Customs in their quest to bring to market the best of the best:clapping:

Did you go with the Traditional EBS or the catch can? I went with the Traditional set up so it is purposely visual and folks can ask "What the heck is that" and I can say "An induction earing.... don't you have one?":Dorag:

Did you go with the Traditional EBS or the catch can? I went with the Traditional set up so it is purposely visual and folks can ask "What the heck is that" and I can say "An induction earing.... don't you have one?":Dorag:

I have a design all my own

It uses a catch with a drain cock

I drain it once a week, getting brownish colored oil and water coming out;)

I have a design all my own It uses a catch with a drain cock I drain it once a week, getting brownish colored oil and water coming out;)

Interesting... I guess I better tape a Dixie cup to my cam cover to catch the drops.....

If it gets bad, I can always go for the catch can with a Klarich valve as an upgrade (Yes)

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png