Question for Canadian riders only

Reaction score
QUESTION FOR CANADIAN RIDERS ONLY: I have a problem...50 years ago when the licensing in Ontario was a CHAUFFEUR you could drive just about anything even a transport. I got mine at age 16 driving a 5 ton dump truck, and I got my motorcycle license riding a Honda Dream. Then they changed the classifications of the licenses and when mine came up for renewal i just renewed my Chauffeurs licence but not my motorcycle since I was not riding then. I am in Toronto.....when I enquired about getting my motorcycle llicense renewed the MTO (Ministry Transport Ontario) said I had to take a training course with Humber College or Seneca College. Problem: I lost my balance and walk with a cane so I cant ride the 2 wheel dirt bikes that the instructors give you, and they dont let you take the course on a trike. (which I would be riding anyways). Any ideas or suggestions? :cool:

Not being from Canada, what do paraplegic driving a trikes take their test? Surely, they don't take it on two wheels.
Just thinking out loud!
Rosy

You might be abel to take on a Spyder... There made in Canada.. In 08 the Canadian government [Quebec] even gave them a 60+ million dollar bale-out.. :Shrug:

I live in Quebec and if you drive a trike, spyder or goldwing trike like me if it have tree wheels you can ryde with regular licence and a one day course with your own trike.

I know that you guys in "The Frozen North" have different spelling for some words, but "tree" wheels trikes.

I know that you guys in "The Frozen North" have different spelling for some words, but "tree" wheels trikes.

Tree is the corect spelling for 3. As in "yo gimmee tree a dem cannolis":clapping:any thing else that seems incorrectly spelled will show up as correct in the interweb dictionary.:laugh:

Yes give me a little brake, i know the h is missing, my trike does not climb trees anyway i hope not. You probably guessed that i speak french. now try speak to me in french may be you will make me laugh at my turn! no hard feeling i can take a laugh.

Tree is the corect spelling for 3. As in "yo gimmee tree a dem cannolis":clapping:any thing else that seems incorrectly spelled will show up as correct in the interweb dictionary.:laugh:

Yo; Leave the gun.......Take the Gannolis......:laugh:....

I'm glad no one corrects my spelling....I misspell quite a bit...Even spell check has asked me to Cease and Desist.......:blush:....

Yes give me a little brake, i know the h is missing, my trike does not climb trees anyway i hope not. You probably guessed that i speak french. now try speak to me in french may be you will make me laugh at my turn! no hard feeling i can take a laugh.

Well when my mother would swear she'd say excuse my french.:xzqxz: But I don't don't think she was really speakin the language:)

Guess the OP never got licensed to ride as the thread is nearly "tree" :pyears old, and he never got back to his post???:Shrug:

I know they have a course and fanshaw collage just for three wheeler gives you a restricted license for three wheeler only no two wheeler and they supply canam spyder

Ho; i'm not mad at all it take me more than that, it was just funny,bizare what a missing letter can change the meaning of something. Nice talking to you .

To actually answer your question

QUESTION FOR CANADIAN RIDERS ONLY: I have a problem...50 years ago when the licensing in Ontario was a CHAUFFEUR you could drive just about anything even a transport. I got mine at age 16 driving a 5 ton dump truck, and I got my motorcycle license riding a Honda Dream. Then they changed the classifications of the licenses and when mine came up for renewal i just renewed my Chauffeurs licence but not my motorcycle since I was not riding then. I am in Toronto.....when I enquired about getting my motorcycle llicense renewed the MTO (Ministry Transport Ontario) said I had to take a training course with Humber College or Seneca College. Problem: I lost my balance and walk with a cane so I cant ride the 2 wheel dirt bikes that the instructors give you, and they dont let you take the course on a trike. (which I would be riding anyways). Any ideas or suggestions? :cool:

Follow this and all your questions will be answered.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/three-wheeled-vehicles

Get it done now and you’ll be grandfathered in 2026 if it changes.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png