Question for Canadian riders only

QUESTION FOR CANADIAN RIDERS ONLY: I have a problem...50 years ago when the licensing in Ontario was a CHAUFFEUR you could drive just about anything even a transport. I got mine at age 16 driving a 5 ton dump truck, and I got my motorcycle license riding a Honda Dream. Then they changed the classifications of the licenses and when mine came up for renewal i just renewed my Chauffeurs licence but not my motorcycle since I was not riding then. I am in Toronto.....when I enquired about getting my motorcycle llicense renewed the MTO (Ministry Transport Ontario) said I had to take a training course with Humber College or Seneca College. Problem: I lost my balance and walk with a cane so I cant ride the 2 wheel dirt bikes that the instructors give you, and they dont let you take the course on a trike. (which I would be riding anyways). Any ideas or suggestions? :cool:

Not being from Canada, what do paraplegic driving a trikes take their test? Surely, they don't take it on two wheels.
Just thinking out loud!
Rosy

You might be abel to take on a Spyder... There made in Canada.. In 08 the Canadian government [Quebec] even gave them a 60+ million dollar bale-out.. :Shrug:

I live in Quebec and if you drive a trike, spyder or goldwing trike like me if it have tree wheels you can ryde with regular licence and a one day course with your own trike.

I know that you guys in "The Frozen North" have different spelling for some words, but "tree" wheels trikes.

Tree is the corect spelling for 3. As in "yo gimmee tree a dem cannolis":clapping:any thing else that seems incorrectly spelled will show up as correct in the interweb dictionary.:laugh:

Yes give me a little brake, i know the h is missing, my trike does not climb trees anyway i hope not. You probably guessed that i speak french. now try speak to me in french may be you will make me laugh at my turn! no hard feeling i can take a laugh.

Tree is the corect spelling for 3. As in "yo gimmee tree a dem cannolis":clapping:any thing else that seems incorrectly spelled will show up as correct in the interweb dictionary.:laugh:

Yo; Leave the gun.......Take the Gannolis......:laugh:....

I'm glad no one corrects my spelling....I misspell quite a bit...Even spell check has asked me to Cease and Desist.......:blush:....

Yes give me a little brake, i know the h is missing, my trike does not climb trees anyway i hope not. You probably guessed that i speak french. now try speak to me in french may be you will make me laugh at my turn! no hard feeling i can take a laugh.

Well when my mother would swear she'd say excuse my french.:xzqxz: But I don't don't think she was really speakin the language:)

Guess the OP never got licensed to ride as the thread is nearly "tree" :pyears old, and he never got back to his post???:Shrug:

I know they have a course and fanshaw collage just for three wheeler gives you a restricted license for three wheeler only no two wheeler and they supply canam spyder

Ho; i'm not mad at all it take me more than that, it was just funny,bizare what a missing letter can change the meaning of something. Nice talking to you .

To actually answer your question

QUESTION FOR CANADIAN RIDERS ONLY: I have a problem...50 years ago when the licensing in Ontario was a CHAUFFEUR you could drive just about anything even a transport. I got mine at age 16 driving a 5 ton dump truck, and I got my motorcycle license riding a Honda Dream. Then they changed the classifications of the licenses and when mine came up for renewal i just renewed my Chauffeurs licence but not my motorcycle since I was not riding then. I am in Toronto.....when I enquired about getting my motorcycle llicense renewed the MTO (Ministry Transport Ontario) said I had to take a training course with Humber College or Seneca College. Problem: I lost my balance and walk with a cane so I cant ride the 2 wheel dirt bikes that the instructors give you, and they dont let you take the course on a trike. (which I would be riding anyways). Any ideas or suggestions? :cool:

Follow this and all your questions will be answered.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/three-wheeled-vehicles

Get it done now and you’ll be grandfathered in 2026 if it changes.

Back