Exhaust soot

Taylor

Reaction score
This morning it was take the granddaughter for a ride day.She's 5,so we just go around the neighborhood at a slow pace and listen to the radio.

As I was walking around the bike and getting her helmet on,I noticed that the left muffler was sootie and the right was brand new clean.

I placed my hands near them while running,both seemed to have the same pressure and heat.Anybody have any input/ideas why this is taking place.

Both cylinders are firing,or at least seem to be.

This morning it was take the granddaughter for a ride day.She's 5,so we just go around the neighborhood at a slow pace and listen to the radio.

As I was walking around the bike and getting her helmet on,I noticed that the left muffler was sootie and the right was brand new clean.

I placed my hands near them while running,both seemed to have the same pressure and heat.Anybody have any input/ideas why this is taking place.

Both cylinders are firing,or at least seem to be.

If there stock.. The left muffler is baffled much more than the right, To even out the exhaust pulses. So thats why it will have more soot showing.. My 11 did the same till i changed the pipes to true duels'.

Mine is just the opposite Right side sooty & Left clean. Will see if it evens out now without the kitty & a PV tune.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png