Engine swap: Milwaukee Eight into a 2015 FW?

RedOregon

300+ Posts
Aug 16, 2015
south of San Antonio
So I love my 2015, customized it a lot already, hearing a lot of great things about the new engine. Anyone know if they're compatible... could I plunk down a few bills and get one of those bad boys plunked into the '15?

So I love my 2015, customized it a lot already, hearing a lot of great things about the new engine. Anyone know if they're compatible... could I plunk down a few bills and get one of those bad boys plunked into the '15?

Anything's possible. We used to stuff Hemi's into 32 Fords. Question is "Is it practical?".

I just swapped a 2015 for a new 17. Cost me right at $8500. Dealer's shop swapped everything but the luggage rack which would have left holes in the 15. So I had to buy a new rack. Basically anything that can be unbolted and moved is OK. And it comes with a 2 year warrantee.

I doubt one could buy a new M8 motor and have it installed $8500. Naturally, YMMV.

Good luck.

Get the heads done with a piston swap to increase compression and a cam change and you will have more hp and torque than a M8 for a lot less money.

I looked at a new TRI "17" sitting next to a new TRI "16" today and it APPEARED (no one at the dealer could tell me for sure) but the trans looks slightly different between them and also the combination motor/trans sits slightly off set to the left in the 17. It looked like even though the frame maybe the same either the mounts are different or the mounting tabs might be different. So my UN-Official opinion is that they are not interchangeable except maybe with serious modification. Just what I observed.

I looked at a new TRI "17" sitting next to a new TRI "16" today and it APPEARED (no one at the dealer could tell me for sure) but the trans looks slightly different between them and also the combination motor/trans sits slightly off set to the left in the 17. It looked like even though the frame maybe the same either the mounts are different or the mounting tabs might be different. So my UN-Official opinion is that they are not interchangeable except maybe with serious modification. Just what I observed.
I think it will retro fit but It is on your dime JMO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twagoner

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twagoner
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png