Age of tri riders

3 months to go...

Three months to the BIG Seven Zero! Funny thing - during my physical my Doc said "Congratulations you know how many don't make it that far....!" Been riding since '68 but I started my riding life on a plastic "Big Wheel" (remember those?). Loved that thing. So I thought what the heck let's get an adult "Big Wheel" - and I love it as much (maybe even more) as I did my original! My license plate says "BGWHL" and I'm proud to be riding it. It's great fun! Yes, it's different than a 2-wheeler - no question. However, the difference is what makes it so much fun - it's a total hoot to ride. No more big worries when it comes to tar snakes, road gators, road sand, grass parking areas, gravel roads, rain, etc., etc., etc - yet you still have the wind in your face and you're actually riding a modified Harley Davidson motorcycle. Wow - what more can a soon-to-be old man ask for unless, of course, it's a 25 year old rent-a-nurse to take along for those "just in case" times :laugh:

Three months to the BIG Seven Zero! Funny thing - during my physical my Doc said "Congratulations you know how many don't make it that far....!" Been riding since '68 but I started my riding life on a plastic "Big Wheel" (remember those?). Loved that thing. So I thought what the heck let's get an adult "Big Wheel" - and I love it as much (maybe even more) as I did my original! My license plate says "BGWHL" and I'm proud to be riding it. It's great fun! Yes, it's different than a 2-wheeler - no question. However, the difference is what makes it so much fun - it's a total hoot to ride. No more big worries when it comes to tar snakes, road gators, road sand, grass parking areas, gravel roads, rain, etc., etc., etc - yet you still have the wind in your face and you're actually riding a modified Harley Davidson motorcycle. Wow - what more can a soon-to-be old man ask for unless, of course, it's a 25 year old rent-a-nurse to take along for those "just in case" times :laugh:

If I did that I would die from a heart attack. Wow a 25 year old rent a nurse.:) :censored:

GaryD, Ya might want to consider lookin for another dealer as that engine mount repair is no more than a two hour job TOPS! Sounds to me like they're tryin to sell ya another bike. Be on your toes when ya go back in.

PC

Age of Tri rider

71 +. Had to go trike after cancer surgery on right side of face & 6 weeks of radiation tweeked my balance a bit. Wife feels much more comfortable on trike. We even pull a small trailer. Will ride till the end...:) jimmer

GaryD, Ya might want to consider lookin for another dealer as that engine mount repair is no more than a two hour job TOPS! Sounds to me like they're tryin to sell ya another bike. Be on your toes when ya go back in.

PC

If its just replacing the two bolts . Its a book hour...But if a bolt was sheared off , and they can't get it out caveman style [Hammer and Chisel] And booger up the treads with an easy-out and then have to re-thread....All bets off time wise...:Shrug:

64, still getting use to the Tri Glide. I appreciate reading so many posts about how much everyone loves their trike. I look forward to enjoying mine that much. My wife had stopped riding with me on the Road King, but loves the TG!

I'll be 75 in September

was up to 3 Harleys but now only 2

08 Rocker & 17 Tri Glide.

Still enjoy the Rocker but for two-up Tri Glide works for us.

I be 75 in 3 weeks. Been riding since I was 14. I don't think I will ever quit riding even though the doctor suggested I quit scuba diving a few years back. He even started to suggest I quit riding bikes, so that was when I got the trike six years ago. The wife likes it a lot better than the Ultra except she liked the comfort of the ultra's ride. I am in the process of having a SE 120 ST installed to ad in the horsepower area. Like Tim the tool man says, I need more power :) The 103 blew up 2 weeks ago and I only had 55000 miles on it. Hope to have it back in about a week. Dealer said the engine is scheduled to arrive Monday and they should have it installed and tuned by Friday. My riding mate is 73.

70 in September. Just sold my electra glide ultra classic and bought a tri glide a couple of weeks ago. Haven't taken it out yet though. Doing maintenance and stuff.

78 and eaten up by cancer & treatments. On my 3rd Tri after going to Freewheelers for two bikes. <wink> missed the music.:)

Over 70

'Ol Whiskeychute gonna' hit 76 come January.

Been riding for over 60 years & have owned lots of bikes that some of u may not be familiar....Bultaco, Ossa, Maico, Simplex, Rokon, Ural, etc.....Lots of good memories when all of us went too fast for our own good.....Had several BMWs, Triumphs & H/D but this is really my 1st trike, 2001 Fatboy w/Roadsmith unit.....I gonna' like this.......

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png