Dynographs: Why Do The Torque And Power Curves Always Cross At 5252 RPMs?

I'm confused. Did you take calculus in Kindergarten MarkFL?

PC

I didn't take calculus until I entered university at age 27...I was too busy in high school skipping classes and getting high to be bothered with things like calculus. :cxtv:

Once I grew up and discovered I enjoyed computer programming, and that I would need to know some mathematics to be an effective programmer, I went back to school, and found out that if I attended class, paid attention and did the work, I could actually learn something. :D

:GoodPost: Mark

The universe is filled with "constants". They are logical mathmatical road maps that consistently lead to the same conclusion. "Constants" may be called "the inevitables".

For example, it is inevitable that rhino2 will respond to this thread
at some point in time.:D

:GoodPost: Mark

The universe is filled with "constants". They are logical mathmatical road maps that consistently lead to the same conclusion. "Constants" may be called "the inevitables".

For example, it is inevitable that rhino2 will respond to this thread
at some point in time.:D

One of my favorite equations includes 5 important mathematical constants in one short elegant expression:

e^(pi*i) + 1 = 0

The equation demonstrates the fine interaction between "torque" and "horsepower". After years of experimenting with different cams, in my Harley days, including purchasing custom grind cams, I came to agree on one basic conclusion:

A quote from Woods Cams

"It's not how fast you go. It's how quick you get there."

Woods was right.

"Torque motivates.

Horsepower accelerates."

That's why a higher torqued engine with the same HP as another engine, will get to the finish line quicker. The high torque allows the engine to shift quicker into higher gears and lower RPM's. Higher HP engines require higher RPM's and longer shift durations.

So the magic intersection at 5252 RPM's says "torque" has done its thing and HP is now in charge.:Coffee:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png