Helmets, Helmets, Helmets.....

skuuter

10000+ Posts
Reaction score
The "Boot Thread" reminded me....I bought Mitzie and I 3/4 Coverage Helmets a few weeks ago (after the Maggie Valley RALLY) due to the extremely hot Summer, and like a lota' Other Folks, gotten "slightly" less Safety Equipment Oriented since goin' to Trikes (...not that I'm advocating this by any means).....these represent the first Non-Full Coverage Helmets we've owned in over 6 years. Just curious, what Type Helmet do "YOU" wear...???....we still own Scorpion Full Coverage Helmets, and the New 3/4 ones are Fulmers........"NEXT".....:wtg:

I use a half helmet. I wear hearing aids, and can use them with half hats, but nothing else. I like to hear what's going on around me.

I wear a half in the summer and a HD Jet II 3/4 with shield on long rides or in the cooler months.
HD has a new helmet for the gals called Womans Skyline 3/4. The are a little narrower in the face and are supposed to fit well. Looks like a good Christmas present for my bride.

I don't wear one at all where its legal:cool:

I wear a Nolan N42E with N-Com, year round. I love the fit and the dual flip down clear and tinted shields. The clear shield can be removed if it gets too hot and the tinted 1/2 shield can be used as a sort of "sunglasses" or flipped up into any of several click positions as a visor. It also has N-Com which is wireless bluetooth and built in speaker/mic that connects to my cellphone, all wireless. It has the best chin strap quick-lock in the industry too IMHO. I love the Nolan helmets, this model in particular. They're made in Italy and are of a great quality.

n42encom16.jpg

My helmet of choice is a half hemet (Vegas XT) after wearing a 3/4 open face prior to my stroke which affected the use of my right arm and hand (Oct. '08). A half helmet can be put on with one hand. I suppose a closed face helmet can be as well, but I don't like them for personal reasons. One has to make the various adjustments in life, which applies to why I will become a triker. Now if the new Stallion I ordered would only arrive, so I might get to use it yet this year. I'm not counting on that happenening however, as I live in SD, delivering date is excepted to be sometime in Nov.

HMMMMMM......., I should have checked to see if TMS offered tire chains as one of their options. LOL.... :D

Daydreamer

I tried to post a pic of the new Womans helmet from HD. Says upload failed.

Are we there yet?

Dorag and ear sock head band.

I own a simpson bandit

It is usually in my trunk.

I try not to wear a helmet HATE UM

Full Helmet in the Winter and switch from 3/4 to 1/2 during the summer.

Last count.. hmmmm 12 helmets lol. ::blush:

Y'all Ride Safe.

Tony T of I V E

I tried to post a pic of the new Womans helmet from HD. Says upload failed.

Are we there yet?

Had no problem posting a picture of my Nolan. I download to photobucket, then cut and past the link using the little yellow picture icon thingy. Works fine.

Had no problem posting a picture of my Nolan. I download to photobucket, then cut and past the link using the little yellow picture icon thingy. Works fine.

Yup...I have no trouble posting them that way too. But the paperclip/thumbnail picture attachment doesn't work yet.

I perfer a half helmet, as I like to hear what is going on around me. I normally wear a do-rag under it. I wear a half helmet in all Florida weather conditions.

Here is the New Open Face Helmet we have, with the flip-down Sun Shade...Arthur Fulmer 9B in Flat Black.....

AF9B.jpg

...and here is the Full Face Helmet we already had, Scorpion EXO700 in Neon Yellow.....

scorpion-exo-700-neon.jpg

Both are really Lightweight, very Comfortable Helmets.....:wtg:

I wear a half helmet. I know that it's not the best idea but I really have a lot of other real good safty habits. i DRIVE SPEED LIMITS. I HAVE A HEADLIGHT MODULATOR. I HAVE WIG-WAG TAIL LIGHT.

I wear a half helmet. I know that it's not the best idea but I really have a lot of other real good safty habits. i DRIVE SPEED LIMITS. I HAVE A HEADLIGHT MODULATOR. I HAVE WIG-WAG TAIL LIGHT.

I'm confused Stan..."Speed Limits"....are those the little square signs with very tiny amounts posted on em'.....I have no idea.....:rolleyes:

i've got 3 so far. all HJC a 3/4 the first year I rode, a flip up I wear most of the time & a 1/2 helmet the dealer threw in when I bought the spyder. So far I don't like the 1/2 but I haven't tried it yet with the taller windshield I just installed. I was hoping to use it for in town errands.

We wear "binnies" half helmets most of the time, 3/4 during cold weather. We moved here from Florida 3 yrs ago and were used to not wearing any. florida passed a no helmet law 8-10 years ago.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png