well out of the 5 days I got to work on it for 1/2 day

fixed the welds I did not like. My welder is working a lot better

I still need to do all the welds underneath upside down welding

adjusted the rear link system it was off by 1/8 inch I have it down to 1/16 off

figured out where I am going to mount the shocks

hopefully next weekend I will be able t do more

I got a little work done on the shocks Sunday

I fabricated 2 top brackets out of 1/2 plate. It will have 3 height adjustments

I decided to use some the 2" square tubing I used for the frame for the bottom of the shocks

I picked up all the bolts (grade 8 - 5/8 bolts)

Hopeful Next weekend I will be able to install it all

I did some of the upside down welding. But not a lot. My floor is wet from all the rain and the cardboard I was laying on got soaked

I also picked up a new stereo for my shop. Need to install it before Friday night boxing

I am trying to figure out how I am going to take pictures now. I used to take them on my phone and send them to my personal email but the company I work for (I will not mention the name) has come up with a new policy they makes it for I cant do that along with some other stupid stuff.

I could connect my phone via cable but that is a pain to do every time I want to transfer a picture.

Until I figure out something better I guess its the cable

Ah yes, one of the downsides to the "free" Company phone! First downside is that Management assumes that you are On Call 7/24/365. Second downside is that Management assumes that EVERYTHING that you do on "their" phone is "their" business. I carried 2 phones for many years because our Telcom Manager was like a jealous, gossipy old woman and would troll employees phone logs and track phone locations so he could talk about his less favorite employees (a long list) when they weren't around. :mad:

I believe that you could probably use an obsolete, free or really cheap, old phone with a camera and wifi to email your pictures. You shouldn't need cell service for that functionality.

Ah yes, one of the downsides to the "free" Company phone! First downside is that Management assumes that you are On Call 7/24/365. Second downside is that Management assumes that EVERYTHING that you do on "their" phone is "their" business. I carried 2 phones for many years because our Telcom Manager was like a jealous, gossipy old woman and would troll employees phone logs and track phone locations so he could talk about his less favorite employees (a long list) when they weren't around. :mad:

I believe that you could probably use an obsolete, free or really cheap, old phone with a camera and wifi to email your pictures. You shouldn't need cell service for that functionality.

I am on call 7/24/365 and it sucks, My first co worker got fired, it took 2 months to get another person, He only lasted 3 months, at the 3 month point is where I was going to put him on the on call rotation list. It takes at least 3 months to be able to handle anything major that goes down here.

So I have been on call for 5 months or so and will be for at least the next 4 months maybe longer

They still have not hired anyone to assist me yet.

I was thinking about using an old phone in the manner you mentioned. But the only old one I have left that has a good camera is now used as a clock in the window pointing out to the Jacuzzi

I was thinking of buying a camera that has WiFi capability. But I have not look into how much they run yet.

Well its time to stop screwing off and go home.

Just a thought....a cheap $10 WallyWorld alarm clock in the window is probably cheaper than a WiFi camera unless, of course, you really just want a new toy and need to get it by The Management. :D

Just a thought....a cheap $10 WallyWorld alarm clock in the window is probably cheaper than a WiFi camera unless, of course, you really just want a new toy and need to get it by The Management. :D

you are right

but a new wifi camera would be nice

I did some of the upside down welding. But not a lot. My floor is wet from all the rain and the cardboard I was laying on got soaked

I also picked up a new stereo for my shop. Need to install it before Friday night boxing

Well I was up on a ladder last night putting the stereo in place, My floor is still wet and so were my shoes

I slipped and fell backward onto the fender of my Heathen Trike, Man that hurt. Knocked the wind out of me, I have not had the wind knocked out of me for a LONG time

Those horns hurt

My wife said she could see the horns impressed on my back

My fender is still OK

My back, butt, arm and side hurt like hell today though

p34.jpg

I have some clean up, supports brackets to make and some underside welding to do

After that I am thinking about tackling the brake system.

This way I can roll it down the hill (and get towed back up)

How well will the brakes work without the booster connected? Would it be like manual brakes?

Thinking about mounting the booster and master cyl on the frame and fabricate linkage to it.

The linkage will be long but it should be OK

Was planning to have the brake pedal and shifter on the left and gas pedal on the right (this is how my first trike was setup) it takes some getting used to but it worked OK for me back then. Anyone else trying to ride it may have problems though but I am building it for me to ride no one else (maybe my son)

was thinking about something like this

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tff-2121nb-1/questionsanswers/

I was looking at the trike and noticed the pinion angle seems off

I had the rear end and the trany set to 0

Now the rear end is at 3 degrees up

0 degrees at the transmission output shaft and 3 degrees up at the rear end output shaft is not good (from what I have read)

The rear end must have turned some when I put the shocks on.

I can fix this!

The 4 link setup I have on it now allows me to make adjustments like this.

Hope to be able to do this on the 4th of July weekend (long weekend)

while fixing the Pinion angle it threw everything else off again.

I spent all day yesterday getting it right again.

Its actually better than before

some concerns...............

the cross member over the drive shaft only allows for so much drive shaft travel. I put a section of PCV in as a mock up drive shaft. Larger than the actual drive shaft will be. I bounced the frame up and down and it was OK but I am still concerned about it. That cross member also has 1 end of the top 4 link attached to it so I can only do a little modification to it. I may be able to get about 1 more inch of clearance but really don't want to do that unless needed

It has a lot of body movement. It is center on the wheels and stays center but can tilt from one side to the other easier than I expected. Maybe this is because it has no weight on it yet, maybe the springs are not strong enough (new heavier springs are not that expensive)

I am having a hard time getting down under the frame to do the welds underneath and even just down low I tried a couple and I just cant get down there enough to do good welds. I don't want to continue like that.

I am thinking of putting jack stands on blocks, raise the stands all the way up with the trike on top of them. this way the welds should be at about the right height to sit on my shop stool. This do not seem to safe but I need everything higher to work on it.

I wanted to start on the brakes but I think I need to do the exhaust headers first. I need to be able to design the brake pedal around the headers, the gas pedal also.

I was thinking of using a header kit

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Univ...MIiPHFyK_I4wIVBJ6fCh1abAJkEAQYBCABEgJzSvD_BwE

or

https://www.racemufflers.com/Chevy-34L-V6-Custom-Header-Build-Kit-p/chvy-v6-34l-na-hbk.htm

or something like them

Attachments

• car-rotisserie-plans-car-rotisserie-plans-delightful-car-rotisserie-plans-will-work-sideways-2-v.jpg
    car-rotisserie-plans-car-rotisserie-plans-delightful-car-rotisserie-plans-will-work-sideways-2-v.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 97
  • car-rotisserie-plans-free-inspirational-body-lift-and-roller-photos-free-auto-rotisserie-plans-c.jpg
    car-rotisserie-plans-free-inspirational-body-lift-and-roller-photos-free-auto-rotisserie-plans-c.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 95

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png