Clutch question

Ok ....
The volume of fluid to move the slave far enough is typically larger than a motorcycle lever can deliver.
A motorcycle unit is in the 12mm to 15mm dia normally. That is not enough displacement to fully work the clutch.
There are a few motorcycle units with larger bores. You will probably need 17 to 19mm bore to get there.
But then you better have a kung foo grip. It aint an easy pull.

So yes it has been done.

First I would use a diaphragm pressure plate of the lightest poundage I could get away with.
They take less total movement to work.
download_zpsli2ektcq.jpg

Then the long lever on the throw out arm.
6576128_zpsblhxewgf.jpg

Then the normal cnc style slave.
And try a 15 to 16mm master.

Luis is a facebook friend and he follows my group on facebook. He offered up the design prints to my group there. It is not complete as it does not list the off the shelf parts like springs and bearings.

Yep a lot of the buggy stuff is excellent trike parts also.
The super shifter is a good item, very nice compared to stock. There are better super high dollar shifters out there that do work good.
But bang for the buck the ole super shifter is killer.

Think about what hand you want to shift with also.
If you left bar hand clutch it, then now you are letting go of the throttle to shift.

Personally i very much like the "jockey shift".
It makes me grin to stick shift the hot rod trike around. I left foot clutch, left hand shift. That way I can gas on it and bang out the gears.

Think about how you want to operate it.
It is not impossible (but difficult) to make a hand clutch and foot shift.

Last edited:
talking left hand shift....I,m using it on last winter over in homebuilt trikes.. recently installed handlebar turn sigs. when making a left turn while slowing down .....down shifting etc hand is on the shifter most of the time.I'm thinking of a left turn switch on the shifter itself???? any other ideas??? larry

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png