Extended Service Plan

Sunman

900+ Posts
Reaction score
The factory warranty on my 2015 FLRT is going to be out in March. I am pretty sure I have seen some posts that talked about a dealership that discounted ESPs. I did a search and the only thing I saw is someone got a good price on an ESP from Jim at Kutter Harley Davidson. I goggled Kutter but it appears Kutter is now Boardtracker HD? Does anyone have a name and contact info for a good source for an ESP? I would rather stay with a plan from Harley instead of an aftermarket warranty company. The dealerships I have contacted so far around Houston want full price.

Thanks for your help,

Sunman

Don't quote me on this, but I think Jim is still at Boardtracker. I might be wrong (BTDT!)

Also, there was something a while back about HD cracking down on dealers selling HD extended warr. outside of their area. I think Boardtracker is now using a 3rd party, but it's supposed to be pretty good.

I don't have one, so can't give you first hand info...

I would like to know what others think about getting the extended warranty, I have about 10,000 miles on my 2015 Freewheeler. My original warranty is going to end in marh also. As a rule i don't by them. I am wondering if it is worth the money. I do all my own maintianence and so far i have had no problems with the trike. I am pretty sure i am going to keep it for a while.

extended warranty

I would like to know what others think about getting the extended warranty, I have about 10,000 miles on my 2015 Freewheeler. My original warranty is going to end in marh also. As a rule i don't by them. I am wondering if it is worth the money. I do all my own maintianence and so far i have had no problems with the trike. I am pretty sure i am going to keep it for a while.
I have a 2015 freewheeler with 25,000 some trouble free miles. the factory warranty expires in June. I am going to buy the extended warranty because I am keeping this bike and with the miles I have ridden so far I am sure it will be used within the next 5 years besides if I sell the bike and don't use the warranty I will get a prorated refund. With the heat these new bikes generate I cant see the motor lasting much more than 80,000 miles. So average even 12,000 miles a year times 7 years equals 84,000 miles I am sure it will pay for itself and I will still have a basically new bike if the motor needs replacing. I see you do your own matinence. BE SURE to keep all your bills, and document (sign your name ) in the owners manual matinence section

ESP and Extended Warranty are 2 different plans.
ESP is fluid changes, etc,
Ext. Warranty is for failures to get repaired or replaced.

OK. What I am looking for is an extended warranty. I have seen it called both on this forum. I want to extend the factory warranty for up to 5 additional years.

Thanks, Sunman

Do not know of any current discounts, unless a "deal" is negotiated during purchase of a new Harley
Might Google ext. warranty and see what you find

The card i got in the mail from Harley is for an extended service plan.It doesn't say anything about fluid changes, just repairs.

I just bought a 2017 freewheeler a month ago and I took a four-year extended ESP at time of purchase and it cost me $1500 here in Alberta Canada. That included the tire and wheel coverage and I can't say for anywhere else but this ESP is for parts replacement and failure. It also includes reimbursement for lodging and such if you break down on the road and a whole lot of other things well worth it in my opinion. Normally I don't buy extended service or warrantee on anything either but with the new M8 in its first year I figured it was a good choice.

Got a postcard for the ESP renewal 1/11/2020 . My time flys when your having fun !:scooter:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png