• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Harley's "Ride Planner" way point placement

Reaction score
Hey all,

Been lurking around the forum for years, just never had much to say, but do have a question on those that use Harley’s “Ride Planner”. We are planning a 32 day trip this year and have been using “Ride Planner” to help do some of the routing. (Mainly because I am OLD and can’t remember what I did yesterday, so there is no way I will remember every turn that we will be taking day by day). The question I have is those of you that do use “Ride Planner”, when and where do you place your way points when, planning a route? What is your thinking, at random ( ¼ , ½ , ¾ of the way between locations) or specific locations (after major roads, major intersections or town) to make sure the GPS will map the route that you want?

Mr Ed

I only use the "way point placement" if I come across a side stop I want to make between destination points.

I've been riding for about 60 years and never planned a ride yet. I get bored with group rides most of the time. We usually take a map and pick a destination and work backwards, seeking twisties or sights. At dark thirty or before we look for lodging. Usually though we look for lodging in mid afternoon. Been coast to coast several times and never made lodging reservations. Rode US1 to Maine a few years ago with a buddy and didn't have reservations either. I will however say riding across Canada requires a little planning or a stout sleeping bag. To me riding has always been about getting away from schedules and enjoying whatever the ride brings. Hey, that's just me/us.
:AllGood:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png