Where did Your Screen Name come from....

It's a Irish saying, when I would walk into a room or someplace else, My Uncles would say "Tis Himself" so I have used that.

ScalpHunter's is a true story - he was riding in Colorado with a group of "OLDER GENTLEMEN" when one who was wearing a toupee lost it in the breeze. John's quick reflexes permitted him to reach up and grab the hairpiece in mid-flight. At the next stop, John gave the topper back to the balding gent, who christened him that very day as ScalpHunter! My own name is self-explanatory (as long as Clairol stays in business!).

Li'l Pest's & my names came from when we were heavy into historical reenacting. Both due to times we sould have kept our mouths shut. We've had 'em for right at 20 years & there are a LOT of people who only know us by these names. When they hung that name on 'Pest, they couldn't have peged her any better, as they found out. There used to be a saying "on the mountain" -- "Don't pi$$ off the 'Pest!" A FEW did & found out why they were told not to. 'Course the guy who started that was called "Sasquach" & the guy who named me was called "No Bear". If ya want the whole stories behind our names, those fall into the "good campfire tales" catagory. :yes:

Nauga Mok

Whoa - most of these make my screen name look boring. I live int the Ozarks, and I ride.
Spelled with a "Y" because on another forum I messed up registering, didn't take but wouldn't let me log in with ozarkrider, so it became ozarkryder.

Many years ago, I joined the Marines with several buddies. I was the first one that was promoted to Sergeant and they all started calling me Sarge. It stuck even after we got back home. The 78 is the year we joined and 82 is the year we got out.

Retired from 23 years of law enforcement and for the last 15 years of my duty they just called me The Captain. It has stuck within our community even after I retired.

I pulled mine out of a hat.

Actually it was given to me from another site Moderator for another HD site. After working to try and get their bike to run properly the Moderator came to see me. A few hours later it would run like a scalded ape.

After trying to get back into the other site I couldn't so I sent an email for help... found out they changed my screen name. Was a joke that sort of stuck.

hitime (pronounced High Time) was hung on me by a flight instructor who used the term like many would use "skippy", "scooter" and the like. It kinda stuck on me for quite a while, and became the first password I was given for access to computerized aircraft maintenance records. I use it on about a half dozen message boards.

I pulled mine out of a hat.

Actually it was given to me from another site Moderator for another HD site. After working to try and get their bike to run properly the Moderator came to see me. A few hours later it would run like a scalded ape.

After trying to get back into the other site I couldn't so I sent an email for help... found out they changed my screen name. Was a joke that sort of stuck.

"I pulled mine out of a hat"

Just think--your name could have beewn Rabbit !!

I was an electrical maintenance foreman in an aluminum mill where we were required to wear bright blue hardhats. I had really (really) long grey hair so my crew called me Papa Smurf. I was assigning work to my crew one morning when the general foreman came into the lunchroom and sat on one of the tables. Without thinking, I told him to remove his a$$ from where my people eat!!! When I left he told my crew, "I knew the old grey dog barked but I didn't think he would bite"!! After that, everyone in the plant called me Greydog.

My husband and I got into Cowboy Action Shooting and had to have an alias. So, I'm a lady and I like cats, hence LadyKitty. He is ARLonghair, but most just call him Longhair.

mine was tough to get (haha) the last name is champ and i believe i am a man (still), so therefore the wifes ended being champslady
really tough to figure out

The Gypsy comes from a part I played in a High School play where I learned that being an actress we probably not for me and the Angel part comes from a friend who dubbed me Angel when I worked a holiday for her that she could not get off so that she could go see her folks. Hence GypsyAngel when I started using computers to talk in chat rooms. :p:D

It is in my roots, depending on how long an online site has been around and the names have been taken I may be Southern Man, Dixie, or The General.

JonCallihan - since I'm an artist, I thought it best that y'all know how to spell my name right. I use this screen name in every bike forum that I subscribe to.

Jon

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png