Where did Your Screen Name come from....

oneup. as riding prior to meeting my wife was something i did alone, well not alone, but without a pillion. thats all changed now, but the name remains.

I was named Stormin Norman by a coworker one night in the cleanroom in 1980. It was actually tagged as Stomie Normie but I figured that Stormin Norman was more mature and then I misspelled it when I used it as my login. Go figure, Took me a couple of emails to get that one figured out.

I was born and raised on the Rosebud Reservation in South Dakota. I now live here in Texas, and most of my Native friends here are Apache. So they call me Lakota. My wife is called Many Children, (we have 8 kids between us), but I call her Three Horses....(nag, nag, nag).

The first school I attended had a Dragon as a mascot. I have always loved dragons and the folklore surrounding them. My bike (K1200LT BMW w/ Hannigan conversion) was a light yellow metallic when first converted. After the complete rebuild in 2010-11, she is now a deep candy red with gold trim with a mural on the back trunk. (think Ironman colors). It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of Dragons for thou art crunchy and good with katsup.

The first school I attended had a Dragon as a mascot. I have always loved dragons and the folklore surrounding them. My bike (K1200LT BMW w/ Hannigan conversion) was a light yellow metallic when first converted. After the complete rebuild in 2010-11, she is now a deep candy red with gold trim with a mural on the back trunk. (think Ironman colors). It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of Dragons for thou art crunchy and good with katsup.

My oldest daughter was mesmerized by Dragons as a teenager. So we thought it would be nice to start a collection for her. Well she's 37 now, living on her own and we still have the Dragons in the curio. Good thing we never bought more than 2!!! They are good conversation pieces though.

Sirkitrider:

#1 I'm a Circuit Riding Methodist preacher

#2 I ride in circles, or loops if you will.
Most of my local riding is to make a circle or loop so as not to backtrack.
Best riding day is when the weather is great and I have time to ride in all the counties circling my county.

#3 I choose the name for my email and the variant spelling because the real spelling was taken.

Sirkitrider - never Knighted, but have been crowned by the wife a few times:laugh:

I think it's pretty obvious. What do you think?
DSCF5666-M.jpg

Rev Ray was hung on me by my two son's,however I am not a preacher by any stretch of the imagination.The story is to long for me to type.but it was funny.

Mom and Dad , but nick name in the Navy was rebs , for some reason folks tried to pronounce Reber any way they could with exception of the way it is spelled ??

My friend from school and I would go riding, so when I call his house to see if he wanted to go his Mom would answer. He had a cousin who was also named Dave, so when I called the house, his Mom, who was so soft spoken, would say. It's Biker-Dave...And it stuck like hot glue.

trp113....

Oklahoma Highway Patrol LT.....all Troopers (regardless of nominal rank) are generally known as badge numbers....my last badge number was 113, thus trp113....actually LT 113.

T113

Obviously I have one of those "self-evident" ones...it was actually put on me by Charlie Keller from "Honda Hoot Fame", many years ago...it has become so dominant, even "off-screen" that most Folks know me by it instead of David...Post up Folks.....OK, drives me crazy Stan...explain "Boscoporp".....;):wtg:

Two bike riding bros in New Mexico,I live and allways have in Texas.....texascannon

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png