• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Bacon Onions and Liver

John Luciano

One Of The Origionals , TOI - New England
Reaction score
I am cookin BACON, Onions and BABY BEEF LIVER. Anyone else like it besides me . I use to use CALF liver but it is too mushy. Got to very careful not to over cook it. i fry the bacon until almost cooed and remove it from the pan . I fry the onions in that grease i re add bacon and Lay the liver in top of the bead of onions and bacon . ( It can't touch the pan ) 4 to 5 min. on a side and eat it. Take the bacon and onions and put it over polenta ( Corn meal mush ) or rice is good too. got to go eat now !!!!!:yes:

Last edited:
Guess you get it all tonight, John. Liver and me.......well, it isn't going to happen!
However, the bacon, onions, and rice or polenta sound good :D

As a kid uhhhh...hated it, but somehow as an adult Ive grown to really like it. I suppose its because it was my mother's food and anything she cooked I have a craving for these days. The LongHorn Steak House in our town serves it on their lunch menu and they sell a lot of it probably because you cant get it anywhere else.

How true I would now kill for some of the stuff my mother made me eat.

I am cookin BACON, Onions and BABY BEEF LIVER. Anyone else like it besides me . I use to use CALF liver but it is too mushy. Got to very careful not to over cook it. i fry the bacon until almost cooed and remove it from the pan . I fry the onions in that grease i re add bacon and Lay the liver in top of the bead of onions and bacon . ( It can't touch the pan ) 4 to 5 min. on a side and eat it. Take the bacon and onions and put it over polenta ( Corn meal mush ) or rice is good too. got to go eat now !!!!!:yes:

yuk-yuk-female-disgust-smiley-emoticon-000473-large.gif

My wife won't even try cooking it.

I do get a craving once in a while:)

Lambert's down in Foley, Al makes a fine plate of liver and onions.

Every now and then if the craving hits....Liver maybe a coupla' times per year.......sounds like a "Cardiac Nightmare" though.....;):laugh:

Ever notice how the words, "Liver and Onions", bring out a passionate response? Lots of food we shrug and say, "It's ok, not my favorite, but not bad." But liver brings out the HATE or LOVE response in most of us. I wonder why...

I ALWAYS HATED LIVER WHEN GROWING UP AND HAS STUCK WITH ME, BUT I REMEMBER WHEN I USE TO LOVE TO EAT A FAVORITE FROM WHEN MY AUNT WOULD COOK SOME GOOD OLD CAJUN BOUDAN, TILL I SAW WHAT WENT INTO IT, MAZIES ME WHAT WE EAT AND LOVE IT TILL WE SEE WHAT IT IS MADE OUT OF, GRINN:eek:

As a kid Mom used to make liver and onions at home (ages ago) and I loved the smell and just couldn't stand the taste. It's many, many years later and it still holds true. No matter how many times I try, liver is one of the few things I do not eat.

The Italians make something called Sufriet .. we made some at place i worked and people loved it. if you think Liver & Onions is bad you would die on this stuff.
Sufrite, Sofrito in Italian are both the same and not the Latin sofrito. The main ingredient is non meat and longer available for human consumption due to the USDA. The primary ingredient is Lungs it and any other organ like heart & spleen but not liver. It was fried with like peppers, tomatoes, parsley and onions. It was delicious. The reason for banning is because of air pollution and the lungs are now used in animal food.

Funny story ... BACK in the DAY (1966) when us Catholics ate fish on FRI. My boss would say I am buying who is flying (going to get the food ).. I would get a Tuna grinder or Linguine with clam sauce he would always get the Tripe after about a month i said Ralph why do you always get the Tripe ? He said it is the only FISH i like . Surprised he was after that .

I hated Liver and Onions as a Kid, but now I really like the liver and I scrape the onions out the way. No one in my house can stand them so I get my fix at Bell's House of Pizza a Greek place here in town.

Loves me some liver and onions. Only thing is that you can tell some were cooked in the house for the next 3 or 4 days. :faint:

John's recipie sounds good, will have to try it.:yes:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png