need constructive suggestions please

DblTrbl

Oct 19, 2014
Rochester, NH, USA
I have about 8 accessories connected directly to the battery on my Venture/Hannigan trike.

I want to add a fuse box so that I can run those items from the new box.

Space is kind of limited and I need to make sure the body and be removed with out interfering with the fuse box just in case it needs to be removed.

Has anyone added an aux fuse box on their Venture trike? If so could you share the location and pictures?

Also, which accessories did you make "HOT" and which are "Switched"?

Thanks for any info you can share.

When I had my 09 RSV I mounted an auxiliary fuse box behind the battery. With extra wire it can be lifted out as needed. Slip fit there. Run a 14 ga wire from + post to main buss the your smaller wires to whatever. Depending on what accessories you install you may go thru switches and/or relays too.
I like using a relay with a switch to control the ground side of the relay.
Larry

Not a fuse box but could be another alternative to having all acc. wired to the battery?
Looks fairly compact & easily mountable, assuming all of your acc. are already fused...

Here are a few diagrams for a power distribution center: http://www.canyonchasers.net/shop/generic/relay.php

I did this on the Harley and the Goldwing trike. The relay and fuse block on both are mounted under the rear of the seat wherever I could get it to fit.
I didn't run the negative wires back to a central point, I just used a nearby frame bolt or screw to limit the wire runs.
Auto stores have the relay and fuse blocks in different sizes. I have the 6 fuse version in the picture below that is mounted under a fender of Gloria's Roadhawk VW trike in a box to keep the water away from the wires. All of these power taps are set to be hot only when the key is on. On all the bikes I have a direct to the battery always hot SAE type connector to use with a charger, and some adapters so I can plug in the cigarette style and coaxial power plugs.

Power distribution box without cover under fender of Roadhawk trikeIMG_0917 - Copy.JPG
SAE to cigarette style power port adapter. adapter.jpg

It shouldn't be too hard to adapt and find a place to mount on your trike, The individual parts can be mounted wherever they fit on your ride.

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png