What are you running for muffler's on your HD Trike ?

Penzl Bikes Exhaust

This winter installed, Penzl muffler. It is a small German company which started with manual regulated mufflers, but nowadays they also hav electronic regulated models for the new Euro 4 regulations (like in California).

My 2015 Tri Glide is Euro 3 standard, so I installed the so named Retro Line mufflers with manual "volume" control :D

IMG_0797.jpg

I am running the stock pipes on my 16. The sound did get a little deeper/louder when I replaced the stock headpipe with a decatted one. I doubt I will change the mufflers any time soon. I was thinking about the SE Street Cannons, but have read in several places where the Cannons get really loud with out the cat.

I have the V&H Slash Cuts on mine along with a decatted headpipe. As others have stated we like the sound and can still hear the radio. When I first installed them I was afraid the wife would think them too loud but she likes them as well. Also the price on the V&H Slash Cuts is pretty fair. Everyone has different opinions on the sounds of slipons so it's just best to listen to all the different ones on your friends bikes or other bikes you see and go from there.

2016 Deep Jade Green and Black TG

I'm looking at the RCX 4" slash down muffers, was wondering if anybody has these or know of anybody that has and how they like them. Viewed some sound bites which isn't to many on you tube with 4", most RCX's are the 4.5 inch mufflers which are ok, prefer the 4". For some reason I liked the slash down look, I have vance and hines on my 2002 Road King in slash down and I liked them. The bad thing with listening to pipes on you tube most of them have duals or no cat so the sound would be different with a cat in.

I did listen to some DNA megaphones and loved the sound, but have read they will get louder as time goes on which I don't want, but they sure sounded good.

All for now Trampas

Not sure where I have been all these years, just found some S & S mufflers in the slash down, heard some of the S & S mufflers online but not the slash down ones, loved the sound and not to priecy either. I knew S & S had motors and carbs but didn't know they had mufflers, you learn something everyday I guess.

All for now Trampas

Whichever mufflers you run...based on the looks, sound and performance...they will all sound a little deeper, a little quieter and have a Nice, Noticeable Bump in low and mid range power with some Thunder Torque Inserts.

The patented "W" TTI's will give you the biggest boost is power per $ spent of any mod you can do to your Ride (Harley or otherwise...we have a ton of Vics, Indians and metrics running them too).

Kevin

I scored some stock touring mufflers free, not sure what I am going to do with them yet, if you have any advice Kevin I would sure appreciate it. Not sure what year they are but they came in a vance and hines box.

All for now Trampas

I scored some stock touring mufflers free, not sure what I am going to do with them yet, if you have any advice Kevin I would sure appreciate it. Not sure what year they are but they came in a vance and hines box.

All for now Trampas

Modifying the stock exhaust is a great way to get the best power out of your exhaust system.

I have run a ton of different exhausts...there was only one set of slip-ons that ever delivered more power than the modified stock mufflers, and they were one-off custom built. I would still be running the one-offs, but they were sort of ugly...and the modified stock were almost as good as the one-offs.

Here is a video showing how to modify your stock mufflers you have, AND make them look really good too.

They will not be quiet, but they will deliver top performance.

Kevin

Thanks for the update Kevin, I know on yours you don't have a cat so that makes it louder, I still have the cat so maybe it won't be as loud, want something that I can still hear the radio and talked to the g/f if need be, my hearing isn't the best anymore at this age, my young age with going to drag strips, loud motorcycle exhaust, guns and plus where I worked wasn't very quiet either, should have been wearing ear plugs all them years, but I was young and stupid I guess.

You gave me some food for thought anyway and thanks.

All for now Trampas

P.S. If I decide to go that route, how far up on the muffler do you cut, didn't say in video and how do you get the thunder torque insert installed, I know you have to drill a hole for the insert, I guess you just play with it to get it in and tighten it up. Sorry for all the questions

All for now Trampas

P.S. If I decide to go that route, how far up on the muffler do you cut, didn't say in video and how do you get the thunder torque insert installed, I know you have to drill a hole for the insert, I guess you just play with it to get it in and tighten it up. Sorry for all the questions

I have the Thunder Torques in my Rush Slip-ons..I just removed the bolt that holds the baffle,[no drilling] And installed it there, Takes less than 15 minuets to do both sides...

Still working after 4 or 5 years ..ThumbUp

Thanks for the update Kevin, I know on yours you don't have a cat so that makes it louder, I still have the cat so maybe it won't be as loud, want something that I can still hear the radio and talked to the g/f if need be, my hearing isn't the best anymore at this age, my young age with going to drag strips, loud motorcycle exhaust, guns and plus where I worked wasn't very quiet either, should have been wearing ear plugs all them years, but I was young and stupid I guess.

You gave me some food for thought anyway and thanks.

All for now Trampas

Mary says my hearing is not the best either. lol I have no problems hearing the stock radio at 80 mph with these pipes...under hard acceleration they are pretty loud, but cruising, not so much.

Instructions come with the end caps, saying where to cut the factory pipes. The TTI is like what rhino said, just drill a hole, anywhere within 2" of the end of the pipe and put them in.

Ride Free!

Kevin

Installed the CVO Mufflers today with 2" baffles. I tried to turn the muffler hanger bracket & rubber mount in reverse on this 2017 Tri but it will not work as the muffler becomes to high in the mount and hits the frame bracket that holds the rubber mount . It would work with 1/2" spacers and longer mounting bolts but I did not bother just installed them normal, Would have made the mounting bolts a lot easier to get at to bad. This I believe will be a problem on all the 2017 Tri .With stock mufflers. Doc

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png