Going To Convert 1800 Goldwing to Trike

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I am new here and am reading up on all the different trike conversion styles. I took some good info and test rode what I could. I like the tight feel of the champion non IRS and I like the price. Looking around on forums tho I cannot locate much info on the satisfaction of those who already own the Champion. I like the storage of some others but not the ride. I have a headache trying to make up my mind. :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I am new here and am reading up on all the different trike conversion styles. I took some good info and test rode what I could. I like the tight feel of the champion non IRS and I like the price. Looking around on forums tho I cannot locate much info on the satisfaction of those who already own the Champion. I like the storage of some others but not the ride. I have a headache trying to make up my mind. :(

Hi chacha! I have the champion kit you like on my FatBoy.... and I LOVE it! I have had it since December, 2006 and have put almost 20,000 miles on it with absolutely no problems. With the rear tire pressure at about 16-17 psi, the ride is comfortable and the handling is great.

I have the rake kit, and wouldn't recommend anyone be without it. Cornering is a joy, and I easily hold my own on twisty roads (my husband prefers to follow me through them on his 2-wheeler as I "push" him in the corners....but don't tell him I told you that ;)).

I would absolutely go with the same trike kit again after my positive experience with Champion.

By the way, Bazooka is a dealer for Champion, and he has stated on here that he will work with any forum member anywhere in the US to get them the best deal possible. I would encourage you to contact him at Adventure Trikes. You'll find a link to their web page on the forum home page.

Contact me if I can answer any specific questions you have about my kit and my experience with Champion.

WELCOME to TRIKE TALK.....and to confuse You more...I have a Motor Trike Adventurer IRS on my Gold Wing, and a 4.5 degree Rake kit.....I love it....."but".....Everyone is different...why They make so many different Flavors....;).....regardless, glad You joined TRIKE TALK....:wtg:

Ty Ty So excited now, finally made my decision. What confused me was the IRS too, I want to be able to keep up with everyone on the twisties and had the Voyager kit and had to do the speed limit or lower with that. I liked the kit, I just want to upgrade and was able to sell the kit for TRIKE money. The IRS looks wonderful, but I need a stiffer ride with maybe a gel seat due to physical limitations. I thank this forum for the help. I have learned definitions of terms that I was not getting when I started. :D

Some say the straight axle is better in twisty .I have the DFT with Ind rear I have no problem doing 5 to 10 over the posted limit in any corner. Ride is good. big difference is passenger comfort. A little more cushy with the indy. No matter what you get, it will feel a lot different than to Voyager. I rode the Voyager for 2,000 miles before I switched I know the difference.

Chacha...welcome to the Forum. That said, you may want to look into Seats by ULTIMATE.CA...(that's CA for Canada).

Ed

Thanks everyone, so enjoy the tips and comments. I did it, my honey and I went yesterday and paid the upfront for the kit and now we wait. I feel strangley calm now and the headache is gone, hahaha. I wondered how different the ride would be long term than the voyager and am glad to know it will be much much better for me. A new seat would probably help. I have a question to throw out there. I use the kuryakyn heel toe shift floorboards and my husband does not like them and I cannot find a lowering kit for them, any suggestions? I am not much shorter than he is, I did not get the floorboards with the kit, can't afford all of it, darn.....Will post pic when I get it. :wave4:

LQQK'n forward, to see'n a picture of it, when you get it..........

Where you live Cha cha ??

Wife and I would love to ride with you and your hubby

Springfield, Massachusetts

Ronnie

3/11/24

LQQK'n forward, to see'n a picture of it, when you get it..........

Where you live Cha cha ??

Wife and I would love to ride with you and your hubby

Springfield, Massachusetts

Ronnie

3/11/24

I think you’re late for the party , Ron ! 2010 post . Either the camera broke or it never happened .

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png