A Day in the Life...

County finally got the road, that washed out a week or so ago, back open.

Looks like they put a bigger culvert in for the water to go thru, rather than taking the road away next time we get more heavy rains. :)

washed%20out%20road%20fixed%203-9-18.jpg

Wow! The TG is dirty! Got wash it soon. :)

Kevin

County finally got the road, that washed out a week or so ago, back open.

Looks like they put a bigger culvert in for the water to go thru, rather than taking the road away next time we get more heavy rains. :)

washed%20out%20road%20fixed%203-9-18.jpg

Wow! The TG is dirty! Got wash it soon. :)

Kevin

They all seem to have the motto, "don't do it right, do it twice". Meaning they seemed to never have the time or money to do a job correctly the first time but always seem to be able to the next time. Costing tax payers more than if done correctly right from the get-go. We have two near us. Rather tan put a much bigger culvert in when they began to wash out, the cheap SOBs just pushed the one back down and laid another the same size next to it. Yet when the rains come the road is flooded for several hours and all around the two culverts is major erosion. So what do they do? Bring in more big rocks just like the ones washed away in the first place. No, they can't just go ahead and put one huge culvert in. They have done that at least 6 times now. Each time they work on them for at least 2 hours. What a waste of man power and rocks. Somewhere down this creek a rock damn is being built. At some point the water is going to break out another area and flood unsuspecting people. Just wait for the law suits on that. Cheap never is really cheap in the long run.

They all seem to have the motto, "don't do it right, do it twice". Meaning they seemed to never have the time or money to do a job correctly the first time but always seem to be able to the next time. Costing tax payers more than if done correctly right from the get-go. We have two near us. Rather tan put a much bigger culvert in when they began to wash out, the cheap SOBs just pushed the one back down and laid another the same size next to it. Yet when the rains come the road is flooded for several hours and all around the two culverts is major erosion. So what do they do? Bring in more big rocks just like the ones washed away in the first place. No, they can't just go ahead and put one huge culvert in. They have done that at least 6 times now. Each time they work on them for at least 2 hours. What a waste of man power and rocks. Somewhere down this creek a rock damn is being built. At some point the water is going to break out another area and flood unsuspecting people. Just wait for the law suits on that. Cheap never is really cheap in the long run.

It is job secutity

I don't like it but how do we stop it

Bradford Pear Trees are beautiful but they grow very fast and as a result are VERY soft wood!!!! As dense as they are, they catch a lot of wind and have a bunch of breakage, usually right out of the middle!!!!

Funny you should say that' I just got back from trimming some heavy branches that the snow storm took down from the Bradford in the front of my house no more than 25 minutes ago...:Shrug:

Yeah, same type of thing goes on here. What's worse, it seems like the County has some new employees that really are not up to snuff on road repair. The last few month I've noticed that the roads actually seem worse after they do work of "repairing" them. :confused:

It is job secutity

I don't like it but how do we stop it

Dunno...I know some other folks have complained, I am on the verge of taking the time to do so also. I suspect that if the county hears from enough of us they will take some action, and hopefully, that action will produce improved results.

Kevin

Last Thursday & Friday we got the container out back almost done...

New%20Container%203-10-18.jpg

...still have a bit more work to do to it. But we got a bunch of shelves up, and moved some workbenches in...

Free%20up%20some%20space%203-10-12.jpg

...and gained some space in the main building for incoming equipment.

We have done nothing on the SBS project bike for over a month, except move it outside the other day. Then we moved it back in, but it looks like it is going to be moved to my house for the rest of the work to be done there. Simply not enough room at the shop now.

Moved%20SBS%20Bike%203-10-18.jpg

Since I have no extra room in the bike room, the SBS is going to be in the house for the remainder of the work being done on it.

Just realized, I have not told Mary....gotta go do that now. :)

Th state played around letting the gravel wash out from around 1 here a few years back and we got torential rain Christmas and washed the culvert and road out.A young man lost his life that night when his car was washed away after he drove off in it.

Yeah, same type of thing goes on here. What's worse, it seems like the County has some new employees that really are not up to snuff on road repair. The last few month I've noticed that the roads actually seem worse after they do work of "repairing" them. :confused:

Kevin

We only have two grader operators here. An older guy that does a super job. Puts a nice crown so water runs off like it should. Then we have a kid that comes along and makes the road perfectly flat ruining everything previously done. I hate seeing that kid come down the road. I'm sure the old man has said something to the kid but maybe not. I'm dreading the time we have just that kid and yet another kid. Roads here will be a total mess.:mad::mad::mad: At least now about 4 times a year they look great when the old man does them.

This weekend we did a bit of testing on a new front fork set up-

It was a reminder of the hundreds of hours we spend a couple years back testing dozens of different setups.

Fortunately it was just one new set up this last weekend.

SG%20Testing%203-10-18%202.jpg

First we popped out the forks...

SG%20Testing%203-10-18%201.jpg

...then removed the internals- Performance Springs and Intiminators. This is a really good setup that has performed well.

SG%20Testing%203-10-18%203.jpg

We then replaced the spring and the damper tube, along with a different weight fluid for the newly designed damper tube.

SG%20Testing%203-10-18%204.jpg

We rode one of our test circuits before the clouds let loose with some pretty heavy rain. We'll be doing some more test riding over the next week with this new setup.

Kevin

Yesterday it was 72* & Sunny and I got to ride quite a bit...had some appointments up in Memphis. :)

Today it is 45* and pouring rain!

Moved two bikes yesterday-

Dwayne's Ironhead Project Bike got moved from Devin's home shop back to Dwayne's house. I know he has new wheels and tires he's putting on it...but this is how it looked yesterday.

Ironhead%20Project.jpg

The SBS Chop Project Bike got moved from the shop to my home. Here's a pic of it sitting in its new spot at the house. Hopefully I will be able to get back working on it late this month.

SBS%20Project.jpg

Kevin

Yesterday it was 75* and no rain. WhooHoo!

I did a 150 mile loop....about 1/2 back roads and 1/2 interstate.

Stopped off at all 3 Dealerships in our area, plus one Indie shop.

Was dropping off WOG Magazines at each location.

WOG%20March%202018%2048.jpg

It was a very nice afternoon putt.

At one of the Dealerships I saw this Copper Plated bike and took a few pics-

Copper%20Harley%201.jpg

Lots of details. Talked to the owner, he's had it this way for 4 years...it's holding up really well.

Copper%20Harley%202.jpg

Kevin

I've been wearing these boots almost everyday for the last 6 years.

Every 3-4 months I usually clean them, polish them with some black cream and then put some mink oil on them.

I went a bit longer this time-

Boots%203-18.jpg

But a little bit of work and they are looking good again, and sealed up from further damage.

Boots%203-18%20b.jpg

I've been very impressed with these HD Lynx Waterproof boots. They're comfortable, lightweight, waterproof and good in all temps. I'll probably be looking to get another pair in a year or so.

Kevin

I've been wearing these boots almost everyday for the last 6 years.

Every 3-4 months I usually clean them, polish them with some black cream and then put some mink oil on them.

I went a bit longer this time-

Boots%203-18.jpg

But a little bit of work and they are looking good again, and sealed up from further damage.

Boots%203-18%20b.jpg

I've been very impressed with these HD Lynx Waterproof boots. They're comfortable, lightweight, waterproof and good in all temps. I'll probably be looking to get another pair in a year or so.

Kevin

You might consider getting a new pair now before the prices go up even more. I've never seen the price go down.:Shrug::):p

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png