A Day in the Life...

The price for containers as sure gone up since they first were put up for sale. At least here they have. Almost double from the beginning. I was going to have one brought in until I saw how much they are now. Easier to just sell the older stuff I have that's not being used instead. I can do the wiring but I can't easily haul one in unfortunately. Even my neighbor was going to do it until the price got in the way. You rich people are pricing us poor people out of the market.:(

How much are they costing out your way? Use to be around $600, not too long ago. This last one cost $1400 delivered.

Kevin

I want one of these! :)

Motorcycle%20Rock.jpg

Kevin

How much are they costing out your way? Use to be around $600, not too long ago. This last one cost $1400 delivered.

Kevin

I'd be lying if I quote a price. It was a neighbor that was buying them for a house he wanted to build and it was the cost that stopped him. So he just had a regular lumber house built instead. I think he was going after the insulated ones anyway but it seemed like he said $4,500 delivered but I'm probably way off on that. I just know the figure he stated that there was no way I'd be getting one. His may have had the cooler even. I just don't remember for sure. Even $1,400 is more than I can go. I do remember when they were almost giving them away. That's why I have trouble with todays prices. Greed once again bites me in the butt.

I'd be lying if I quote a price. It was a neighbor that was buying them for a house he wanted to build and it was the cost that stopped him. So he just had a regular lumber house built instead. I think he was going after the insulated ones anyway but it seemed like he said $4,500 delivered but I'm probably way off on that. I just know the figure he stated that there was no way I'd be getting one. His may have had the cooler even. I just don't remember for sure. Even $1,400 is more than I can go. I do remember when they were almost giving them away. That's why I have trouble with todays prices. Greed once again bites me in the butt.

I hear ya!

About 15 years ago a friend said his company was getting rid of some containers...they were will to drop 4 of them off at my place for $100 each...STILL on wheels. So that was the containers and the trailers.

I was a dumbass and declined. Thought it would be too much of a hassle to get the containers off the trailers.

WOW! I still kick myself over that.

Kevin

I just mowed my lawn for the first time in at least 4 months Its all down hill from here. Might even have to mow twic a week at times now. YUCK!!!

Spring has sprung! My allergies are going crazy.

Yeah, I hear ya. I've been using eye drops several times a day for the last week to get rid of that sandy feeling in my eyes!

Lucky you!! Got a good 5" of wet heavy snow here last night & today & still coming down. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ACK! My wish for you!

Die%20winter%20Die.jpg

Kevin

I think those are Bradford Pear Trees. Not fruit bearing, pretty, and smell terribly when in bloom.

I'll take a closer look...and smell. :laugh:

There are hundreds of "dogwoods" between my home and shop. Some, or all of them may be the BP trees. Never heard of them before. Got my curiosity up.

I just mowed my lawn for the first time in at least 4 months Its all down hill from here. Might even have to mow twic a week at times now. YUCK!!!

Yep! This morning I saw one of my "neighbors" out on his riding lawnmower. Won't be long before ours needs cutting. :xzqxz:

Kevin

Bradford Pear Trees are beautiful but they grow very fast and as a result are VERY soft wood!!!! As dense as they are, they catch a lot of wind and have a bunch of breakage, usually right out of the middle!!!!

They were very popular several years ago - maybe 20 or 30, can't recall for sure. I had a couple and even the city planted lots of them along the interstate at entrance and exits. However they are not hardy as you said. They grow very fast and being so soft they will break. Don't see nearly as many as I used to.

Had a similar but different experience several years ago with Leyland Cypress shrubs. They were very popular also 20 years ago or thereabouts. They make great screens as they grow fast (and up to 20 or 30 feet) and fill in quickly. I had about 10 to screen my backyard and they were great. That is until we learned that they are very susceptible to Seiridium canker and within a few month they were all dead or dying. I replaced them with Cryptomeria Japonica which according to what I've read are much more hardy. Thank goodness for Google and the internet as you can find so much good (and bad, lol) information quickly.

I now try to be very careful about following what may be popular and 'in' because I learned the hard way from the above experiences.

Spring has sprung! :)

In the last few days the Dogwoods all turned white!

From the ride in this morning-

3-6-18%20Dogwood.jpg

Kevin

CORRECTION-

More than a few people have questioned if the trees above are dogwoods.

I assured them (wrongly) that they were.

I have since learned that I know less about the differences between trees than the differences between Yammys, Kawa's, Suzuki's and Hondas! lol

I've learned that the trees above are a type of wild pear tree, and that most of the white blooming trees that, for decades, I have thought were dogwoods, are, in fact, either wild pear or wild plum trees.

Relatively speaking, there are very few dogwoods in our area.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png