ordering My Frankenstein trike kit this week

Reaction score
I got enough save faster than I thought I could so I will be placing my order for my road king premium kit this week. I'm going with dual outboard brakes that will add more cost but may need later .

I am not ordering the trailer hitch yet, I can install one at a later date if I decide to pull trailer, I will see if I can mount my screaming eagle mufflers will fit the s curve pipes (length) I don't want pipes that stick out the back like drag bars. but motor is tuned to whats on it now and I hate to pay to have it set up on dyna again.

This puts me about 2 months ahead of schedule so I will be getting more ride time.

How many frankenstein builder out there installed their triple tree? any complaints about it.

this also means buy my original build date I should be able to buy and install the mechanical reverse and the luv jugs set up.

life is looking good right now

Hank

I got enough save faster than I thought I could so I will be placing my order for my road king premium kit this week. I'm going with dual outboard brakes that will add more cost but may need later .

I am not ordering the trailer hitch yet, I can install one at a later date if I decide to pull trailer, I will see if I can mount my screaming eagle mufflers will fit the s curve pipes (length) I don't want pipes that stick out the back like drag bars. but motor is tuned to whats on it now and I hate to pay to have it set up on dyna again.

This puts me about 2 months ahead of schedule so I will be getting more ride time.

How many frankenstein builder out there installed their triple tree? any complaints about it.

this also means buy my original build date I should be able to buy and install the mechanical reverse and the luv jugs set up.

life is looking good right now

Hank

Congratulations!! Your going to love it. I did have the rakes triple trees installed and have no complaints. It is rock solid at all speeds. Keep in mind you can order different size wheels. I went with the 15x10 wheels for a fatter look. You can also install the fenders either in front , top, or back (like mine) for a different look. Can't wait for pictures.

I like the idea of the dual rear brakes.

When I had converted a Sportster about 10 years ago it only had the single rotor.

Didn't have the triple trees at the time, it handled well. On a bigger bike you'd want them.

+1 on the build pics.

order has been placed, I went with the duel rear brake system, should be here in about 7-8 days

I need to find a trailer hitch that will work with this trike set up, anyone got a source I can contact?

I will go ahead and order luv jugs for my Road Kings

and when check runs again at the first of month I will order the reverse kit! or thats the plan

I am clearing area around bike lift table and will have rear tire and swing arm removed quickly, I just love air powered tools they make work go so much faster.

I have found out that build is going to cost me a lot more than planned, Since I got to get a Trike kit, I have been informed that I have to also remodel the bathroom, that will cost me about 3K, already spent about 350 on new faucets for shower stall and sink.

better to do that than not have the trike I think.

Hank

I like the idea of the dual rear brakes.

When I had converted a Sportster about 10 years ago it only had the single rotor.

Didn't have the triple trees at the time, it handled well. On a bigger bike you'd want them.

+1 on the build pics.

I will take some before photo's soon as I get some items moved to other part of shop, and then I will do steady rate of photo's till it rolls down road .

Congratulations!! Your going to love it. I did have the rakes triple trees installed and have no complaints. It is rock solid at all speeds. Keep in mind you can order different size wheels. I went with the 15x10 wheels for a fatter look. You can also install the fenders either in front , top, or back (like mine) for a different look. Can't wait for pictures.

not having parts in front of me...What do you mean I can install fenders front, top, or back?

order has been placed, I went with the duel rear brake system, should be here in about 7-8 days

I need to find a trailer hitch that will work with this trike set up, anyone got a source I can contact?

I will go ahead and order luv jugs for my Road Kings

and when check runs again at the first of month I will order the reverse kit! or thats the plan

I am clearing area around bike lift table and will have rear tire and swing arm removed quickly, I just love air powered tools they make work go so much faster.

I have found out that build is going to cost me a lot more than planned, Since I got to get a Trike kit, I have been informed that I have to also remodel the bathroom, that will cost me about 3K, already spent about 350 on new faucets for shower stall and sink.

better to do that than not have the trike I think.

Hank

The best hitch that works with the Frankenstein Kit that I know of is the one made by Frankenstein specifically for them. http://frankensteintrikes.com/components_trailer_hitch_main.html

not having parts in front of me...What do you mean I can install fenders front, top, or back?

I was assuming you were getting 2 individual fender brackets like mine. When you switch the sides you mount the fender brackets and/or fenders on it places them in a different position. After looking at the standard Road King kit Frankenstein advertises, it includes 1 bracket that mounts both fenders. If this is what you ordered I believe it can only go on 1 way.

I ordered one also

I just ordered a Frankenstein kit for my bike Friday. Got some problems with age and injures from other things that is making ridding on 2 wheels near impossible. My Frankenstein kit will be going on a FXSTC softail custom for those that don't know. As far as the trees go I was told to ride it first because my bike stock is raked 34 degree to start with and 4.5 of trail. But no one knows for sure. I have talked to other with the same bike and they love them without it. I just don't know yet.

Guess we will find out I'm hoping to get the kit next week painting the fenders will take the longest I think.:Shrug:

kit arrived early

My kit was to arrive on Monday 04/10/12017 nut I got lucky and it arrived on 04/08/2017 , yee haw

I am working by myself so it going slower than if I had help, I am gaining strength steadily but still not strong enough to just man-handle the parts so I am using brain power in stead of muscle to get things done. everything has been unboxed and tire had been installed on one side,

I have removed everything except swing arm from road king, I will tackle removing swing arm and installing new swing arm in the morning, then I will see if I can get axel installed without help, may have to break down and call someone to help.

If I have to I will remove outer and inner primary covers, put belt on axel and roll it up to bike and install belt on to tranny pulley, big hassle but it is one way I can do by my self.

I have taken before and during photo's that i will post once rear axel is installed,

will send fenders to a friend to be painted. He is retired also and has time right away to get them done. I should make my July 4th dead line with no problems.

Hank

I just ordered a Frankenstein kit for my bike Friday. Got some problems with age and injures from other things that is making ridding on 2 wheels near impossible. My Frankenstein kit will be going on a FXSTC softail custom for those that don't know. As far as the trees go I was told to ride it first because my bike stock is raked 34 degree to start with and 4.5 of trail. But no one knows for sure. I have talked to other with the same bike and they love them without it. I just don't know yet.

Guess we will find out I'm hoping to get the kit next week painting the fenders will take the longest I think.:Shrug:

Summer is almost here so you could ride without skin while you wait. That's the good thing. Maybe???:Shrug:

Frankenstein kit

The wider tires do they make the bike more stable or is it a cool look thing. I would have to change my order today.

Didn't wait for a reply

Have been looking at pictures most of the night. I just called Frankenstein and ordered the wider tires and fenders. I think NCBandit bike had the most impact on me.

Hank, please post some pictures of your work in progress from uncrating to completion.

We just love progress/build pictures.:D:D

tires

The wider tires do they make the bike more stable or is it a cool look thing. I would have to change my order today.

IMO the wider tires really look good but if you ride on wet surfaces they will hydroplane easier

hate to drag engine hoist into garage... but

I used an engine hoist to put trikes together by myself.

Good luck on your project. Please post pics.

Thanks for the Idea. I have engine hoist sitting out back that I could drag in, I just hate having it inside unless used,(takes up to much room)

I'm almost to the point of installing rear axle, I will hoist if that's what it takes

I have photo's on phone I just have not posted them yet. should be all done very soon I will post photos then. I got to read how then do it and only want to to it once.. post photo's that is

Hank

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png