ordering My Frankenstein trike kit this week

Have been looking at pictures most of the night. I just called Frankenstein and ordered the wider tires and fenders. I think NCBandit bike had the most impact on me.

I think you will be very happy with the fatter tires. My wife has the narrower tires on hers and the 2" wider wheel makes an enormous difference in look. Be prepared though, you can't stop anywhere without people coming over and gawking at the fat wheels. :D

5 Days

How long did it take them to get you a tracking number and how many days to your house for the kit

I placed order on Tuesday 04/06/2017 it arrived Saturday 04/08/2017 I ordered before noon I think on Tuesday it took 5 days for it to arrive before noon on Saturday . its just over 700 miles away, with heavy packages FedEx did a great job.

Murphy came for a visit today

:(:( was getting it done as fast as I can work (slowly) when Murphy decided to show up.

I wanted to get new swingarm installed today, I( didnt relize I had to use a press to remove and reinstall pivot shaft inner bushing/bearing, I do have a large arbor press that I think would work pressing bushings out and in , after I make a tool for the job, But then murphy arrived

right side bushing/bearing is bad, I do have contacts at local Harley shop so I use his discount ( he actually has to purchase them ).

since I have to remove them from old swing arm I have had 1 step eliminated, I will just buy the new pivot shat inner bushing/bearing's and replace both sides. so I have lost the moment of getting it done today, thanks murphy. ( just for those who dont catch on, I, talking about Murphy's law, anything that can go wrong will )

I can get worse, Local Harley shop is known for not stocking a big inventory of anything except oil and filters, so the chance of them having parts in stock are not good, and owner does not place daily orders so it could be up to two weeks for part to arrive. will call first thing in the morning and if they dont have them in stock I will make a 60 mile one way drive to A Harley shop I know will have them in stock,

I'll get my Bearings/ Bushings tomorrow one way or the other and throw Murphy out of the garage.
:clapping::D

:(:(

will call first thing in the morning and if they dont have them in stock I will make a 60 mile one way drive to A Harley shop I know will have them in stock,

I'll get my Bearings/ Bushings tomorrow one way or the other and throw Murphy out of the garage.

If your luck is like mine, you should call that dealer too, to make sure they have them before the ride.

If your luck is like mine, you should call that dealer too, to make sure they have them before the ride.

they had the part I Got that taken care only to find out that I dont have the delrin bushings, I've checked in every box twice and trash has not go out this week, I contacted Frankenstein, I am even willing to pay for another set, I am sure I didn't lose them but I got to have them,

I did get a surprise today at harley dealer ship, the manager of the service dept. is a old friend, we grew up in same town, went thu school at same time, it was good to see a old friend and get up dates from back home.

If I get it that quick

They sent me an e-mail today saying it was shipped to 4-11 and FedX tracking says it will be delivered on 4-13 now that would be quick. I'm hoping.

They sent me an e-mail today saying it was shipped to 4-11 and FedX tracking says it will be delivered on 4-13 now that would be quick. I'm hoping.

Frankenstein trikes ship faster than any other company I have ever delt with, it is a big PLUS in my book, they also have a first rate customer service dept..

I don't think you can go wrong with Frankenstein Trikes. but ask me in a year, I'm betting it will still all be good, or I would not of bought kit from them

The best hitch that works with the Frankenstein Kit that I know of is the one made by Frankenstein specifically for them. http://frankensteintrikes.com/components_trailer_hitch_main.html

here's what there add says

"Our trailer hitch works on all Harley Davidson models with a short stock rear fender except FatBoy, Heritage, Deluxe, FLT/FLH Touring models. The trailer hitch would be behind the stock FL rear fender.

they do not fit my bike as add says

:(:( was getting it done as fast as I can work (slowly) when Murphy decided to show up.

I wanted to get new swingarm installed today, I( didnt relize I had to use a press to remove and reinstall pivot shaft inner bushing/bearing, I do have a large arbor press that I think would work pressing bushings out and in , after I make a tool for the job, But then murphy arrived

right side bushing/bearing is bad, I do have contacts at local Harley shop so I use his discount ( he actually has to purchase them ).

since I have to remove them from old swing arm I have had 1 step eliminated, I will just buy the new pivot shat inner bushing/bearing's and replace both sides. so I have lost the moment of getting it done today, thanks murphy. ( just for those who dont catch on, I, talking about Murphy's law, anything that can go wrong will )

I can get worse, Local Harley shop is known for not stocking a big inventory of anything except oil and filters, so the chance of them having parts in stock are not good, and owner does not place daily orders so it could be up to two weeks for part to arrive. will call first thing in the morning and if they dont have them in stock I will make a 60 mile one way drive to A Harley shop I know will have them in stock,

contacted Frankenstein and they have ship new set of delrin bushings, they will be here on saturday, they may even be installed and used riding down the road saturday without rear fenders.

I know Murphy all too well. So what's that say about the possibility of rain? I put rain gear on if there is even a hint it might rain. That usually makes for a hot but dry ride. "USUALLY". Remember Murphy? He comes knocking all the time.

Kit is here

The Frankenstein kit is here, I took fender to body shop for painting they will not be done tomorrow but we will have the rest of it done by tomorrow. And I'll be ridding it tomorrow. I have taken some picture of the build along the the when I have some more I'll post them here to get the swing are bolt loose had to remove one pipe and that took 2 hours ( you would have to have been there to see why)

We are ready to put the rear axle in now. But we are stopping for the night both of us need to be somewhere tonight. We'll finish in the morning I'm hoping :pepper:

Very sharp! Better hang on tight it's red and we know what that means..it's faster ;) Can you stop grinning while riding? I still can't.:D

NO, I can't get the grin off my face. It way more fun than I thought it would be. I was thinking I was going to wreck my motorcycle by converting it to a Trike. But no way this is a cool motorcycle to ride it's different than the 2 wheeler was but to me more fun.:pepper:

Well done Rob! Came together nice, I can't wait to see it when you've got the fenders on. Really like those big tires and the aggressive stance :cool:

Wow, red bikes must truly be fast. That install seemed very quick. Cool. Wonder if I could get them to make one for a Indian that I could install that quickly? Going to have to contact them now. A new option might have just opened since they are rather close.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucy Barger
Back