Whats for supper?

Chicken & Gnocchi

We tried a new recipe tonight, chicken thighs, 25 cloves of garlic and a bunch of herbs, it turned out really good. Any of you folks who were with us at Frankie's Italian Restaurant in Maggie Valley know how much I like Gnocchi, lol.

chkngnocchi.jpg

My picture didn't attach!

Hatch Chile stuffed with Mexican Cheeses, NY Strip Steak, Broccolini with Onion, Roasting Ear, and grilled Mango.
GetFileAttachment

Hatch Chile Night.jpg

Mystery Squash Night in Double Oak

Close behind Hatch Chili season comes another favorite. This squash is the earliest "winter" squash to show up in our area each year. Slightly sweet and delicious. I bake in oven usually filled with cheese. The peel is edible. Also good if you skip the cheese and add butter and cinnamon. Who recognizes this squash?

Mystery Squash night in Double Oak.jpg

Served with New York Strip Steak and Mushrooms, Swiss Chard with Onions, and Avocado (of course).

Pork B$tt .. little different

So I've been thinking of ways I could make the Pork B$tt better.

I stuck with brining it first and a basic seasoning (Salt, pepper, and garlic).

New:

I scored the fat cap allowing the seasoning to "get to the meat".

I set the pellet smoker on 225* instead of a low or high smoke setting.

I started it at 7:30 pm Saturday evening and let it cook all night and into Sunday afternoon, total of 20 hours, this includes the hour I gained due to daylight savings. (Stopped cooking when it got to 200* as read by the remote reading thermometer).

Here's some pics:

At the start, 47*.

Start 52*.jpg

The next morning, 14 hours cooking, about 145*.

14 hours 145 *.jpg

Done, 20 hours, 200*.

20 hours 200*.jpg

Very little smoke ring. The skin got so crisp, I gave it to my Rottie/Lab mix, kind of like pig ears. The fat cap rendered totally. The meat fell apart and made it difficult to get off the smoker. You might be able to see where it started to come apart.The meat was melt in your mouth, juicy and just plain delicious. Missed the smoke ring a tad, at least when I first cut into it. The smoke flavor is still there, but, way more subtle. All in all, very successful, maybe next time do the same, but, on low smoke until morning. Then switch to 225*

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png