• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

IS lift kit and kit to move tour pak back worth it

Reaction score
Hello I have a 2017 Triglide.. I am thinking of having a lift kit installed and also moving the tourpak back with the kit.. Our these worth the time and money

Hello I have a 2017 Triglide.. I am thinking of having a lift kit installed and also moving the tourpak back with the kit.. Our these worth the time and money

Yes the lift kit is needed to improve handling WORLD OF DIFFERENCE and it also gets your mufflers off the road. Levels out the trike. I can't speak to relocation of tour pac we don't have a need to do this Modification. :Coffee: travel safely Fred

Attachments

• DSC00272.JPG
    DSC00272.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 604
  • DSC00277.JPG
    DSC00277.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 597
  • DSC00270.JPG
    DSC00270.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 595
That would depend on what you are looking for Jim. If you need more room for your passenger the tourpak kit will do that.

As for the lift. The two that DK Customs offer are extremely well made. And they are certainly not over priced. They will eliminate the mufflers dragging in most cases and they do lighten up the steering.

I put the tour pac relocation kit on my 16 and we loved it,also had the lift kit on my 16.I transfered the relocation kit to my 17 and have a lift kit for the 17 but have yet to install it.

As stated the lift kit is wonderful. I recommend calling DK and talking with them, they will query you about your expectations from the kit and ensure you get the right one for your needs. I originally ordered the standard off their web site. I got a call the next day making sure it was really what I wanted. Turned out my expectations more closely matched the comfort. I was very happy with the comfort lift.

We have the DK comfort lift kit, world of difference over stock in regards to the steering. We also have the DK tour pack relocation kit and the wife loves it, more room to move around and extend the legs.

We have the DK comfort lift kit, world of difference over stock in regards to the steering. We also have the DK tour pack relocation kit and the wife loves it, more room to move around and extend the legs.

Yes went to order .. Of course because I waited they are on back order now lol.. People at Dk seem great and said hopefully Friday, Now I just need to find a seat to move me back

Yes went to order .. Of course because I waited they are on back order now lol.. People at Dk seem great and said hopefully Friday, Now I just need to find a seat to move me back

Hi Jim,

For your 2017 the Convertible Comfort Lift™ is the preferred Lift Kit. You can see it at this LINK.

We do have them in stock and are shipping them within 1 business day of being ordered.

We also have the Tour Pak Relocation Kits, which moves the passenger backrest back 1", 2" or 3", depending on how much extra room you want. You can see them HERE.

Thank you for looking at our products, and feel free to write or call us at the contact info listed below.

Kevin

Hi Jim,

For your 2017 the Convertible Comfort Lift™ is the preferred Lift Kit. You can see it at this LINK.

We do have them in stock and are shipping them within 1 business day of being ordered.

We also have the Tour Pak Relocation Kits, which moves the passenger backrest back 1", 2" or 3", depending on how much extra room you want. You can see them HERE.

Thank you for looking at our products, and feel free to write or call us at the contact info listed below.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin I will call again.. When I called yesterday she said the relocation kit was on back order till Friday . I was just impatient .. One of my bad qualities

Thanks Kevin I will call again.. When I called yesterday she said the relocation kit was on back order till Friday . I was just impatient .. One of my bad qualities

Ahh! Yes, we did run out of the Tour Pak Relo's a couple of days ago. We should have more on the shelf tomorrow.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, and sorry that we have been out of stock. That is something we try to never have happen.

Kevin

Yes on the lift kit and rear shocks (Pro Action Shocks) a must have. Best upgrade yet on our 2017 Tri Glide. I have not tried the tour pack relocation kit. The wife says she is fine with it the way it is.

Ride Safe, :)

Bill G

Attachments

• image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 306
  • image9.JPG
    image9.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 312
I did mine in about an hour. Would have went faster but it was my 1st time :D. lol. It's WELL worth it. I also re located my tour pac back about 2 inches. Not that we needed it but just for more room. That took a little more time then an hour. WE love them both. My buddy Randy and i did our at the same time and it went smoothly :D.. Happy WIFE Happy LIFE :laugh:

I did mine in about an hour. Would have went faster but it was my 1st time :D. lol. It's WELL worth it. I also re located my tour pac back about 2 inches. Not that we needed it but just for more room. That took a little more time then an hour. WE love them both. My buddy Randy and i did our at the same time and it went smoothly :D.. Happy WIFE Happy LIFE :laugh:

Thanks So much to you all cant wait.. Now I need to find me a seat that moves me back a inch or 2,,

I'd say yes to the lift kit - I love mine, and no to a purchased Tour Pack relocator. you can have one built out of aluminum 1" square tube for a fraction of the cost of buying one, because that's all you're going to get if you buy one.

Trail Rider

There may be someone selling Tour-Pak Relocation Kits made out of aluminum tubing, I have not seen one.... but if I did, I would not buy that either.

Below is solid billet aluminum that has 4 countersunk holes and 12 threaded holes, along with a fitted cross-support for a stronger, more stable Tour-Pak mount.

TourPacRelo2.jpg

Kevin

YES ! I Did mine last year and so did my riding Buddy . Not only do I like like it so do our wife's. More room and easier to clean under it plus it sit up taller for more support. YOU can do it yourself its easy to do and save the $$ for HD to installing it. Rick

I echo what others have said. Both are well worth the time and effort. I installed the comfort lift on our 2015 right after I brought it home. Gives you more clearance, lightens up the steering a bit and definitely helps in the comfort and looks department. Without the lift, it looks like it is dragging the ground and the rear tires are well up inside the fender wells. I just ordered and installed the tour pack relocation kit and we are very happy with it also. It gives my wife added space to stretch. Both came from DK Customs as well as other goodies. Cannot say enough about their quality and customer service from DK.

DK customs Tour pak relocation kit and Comfort Lift are quality products that are easy to install.

I live on a gravel road and had 4" pipe installed that would drag occasionally. Since I installed the lift kit it has not happened again.

Move the tour pak 2" back and we just came back from Tennessee, about 450 miles one way my wife was comfortable all the way. She even nodded off a couple times.

Bob

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png