Rewaco FX5 rear shock absorber question

Apr 11, 2016
UK
Hello

has anyone out there got a rewaco FX5 or similar trike?

The rear mudguards are held on with 2 x M10 bolts and over just a few miles they come loose. I have tightened them up to snapping point, used spring washers, nylock nuts you name it but can't stop them easing off and the mudguard coming loose.

I think the main thing that isn't helping may be rear shocks, they are coil over type and there seems very little travel, when I stand on the crash bar near the rear wheel and bounce up and down the spring does not compress very much if at all. As the mudguard brackets attach to the wheel control arm, if there is little or no damping they get the brunt of every vibration bump and pot hole and you can see the fibreglass mudguard vibrating as you hit the bumps.

if anyone has experience changing the rear shocks or had any similar issues would appreciate any advice.

I do not have that model.

But my fenders are mounted to the axles and move with the wheel.

I was difficult to get them stable as they take a hard shaking and break the mounting.

I had to triangle mine to the axle to steady shake.

A rod from top of fender to axle for in and outward.

Then an attachment at the front edge of fender to the swing arm for fore and aft shake.

That looks very nice, think I need to add some braces to address the shake, not easy on mine as there are limits to where I can attach them. Btw, would love to see the trike when it's all together.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png