Anybody know a good way to make the front wheel shine like chrome??

Burnerboy

2000+ Posts
Sep 2, 2016
Springfield, Mass. USA
Anybody know a good way to make the front wheel shine like chrome??

I'm looking for a way to make my front wheel shine almost like chrome...

Is there any kind of paste wax, or a rub out there, to shine her up???

2010 Honda Goldwing!

I now have chromed rear wheels, and want to make front shine also

I don't want to spend $$ getting actually them professionally chromed

Thanks

Ronnie

2010 Honda Goldwing!

Thanks

Ronnie

Bar Keepers Friend Cleaner comes in a can like comet cleanser...Sold at most super markets....ThumbUp

Bar Keepers Friend Cleaner comes in a can like comet cleanser...Sold at most super markets....ThumbUp

Very good product

02c09b71-e332-4868-bcd5-8330dc753ae6_1.2751b8248f1e5f593700cbfa45f61784.jpeg
The liquid works good on wheels

Follow with a lot of water, then a light spray of WD40;)

My turn , I gave up on the aluminum front wheel shiney

shiney thing. Rettlecan black the spoke part, scotchbrite the rim part, Front n rear. Soon to be totally black. D9C4F960-315E-44D5-AE47-02E92AA55D78.jpg

2010 Honda Goldwing!

Thanks

Ronnie

Busch aluminum polish. Can be found at most truck stops.

Off to the store for that Bar Keeper's stuff that you speak of:: thank you

Just more stuff to do during the long cold winter hibernation period..........

Ronnie

I use an old soft bristle tooth brush with the liquid Bar Keepers

Ya got to rinse with a lot of water to get the milky white from the Bar keepers completely off

It does a great job

Before I traded my 07 Streetbob the dealer was going to dock me because the laced wheels had a bit of rust

It took me about an hour to make em look almost as good as new;)

I polished the front end and rear wheel of My former VTX with an angle grinder and buffing kit from Harbor Freight.

I started with 800 grit sand paper and stepped up to 1500 grit then polished.

Very messy and time consuming job.

The wheels were a duller looking aluminum than the other parts.

Ken.

DSC00008.jpgCopy of DSC000190.JPG

Wow! Sweet, looking job you did there!

what I'm going to do (once it warms up here) is pick up the "Bar keeper friend" polish, (sold at Home Depot) and purchase a polish wheel for my drill at Harbor Freight, and just go to work on these rims.....

As I mentioned in my original post that there not really in too bad shape, as I always keep my bike clean, washed, and waxed............

I like my bike as clean as possible, and very rarely take her out for a ride before I, at least wash her up good and clean... BUT after I triked it out and the rear wheels are now chrome'd, it just doesn't look right, with stock rims on front, and chrome'd waxed rears..

Thank you for all your help folks.....Aaa' shopping I will go!!

Ronnie

On my 1800 I used Flitz metal polish a drill and a polishing buffer ball. It really makes the front wheel shine. But youll have to work it a little bit if youve never really polished it before. I like the Flitz especially because of its silicone base makes it easier to clean the wheels when they get dirty and they stay shinier longer. I have billet aluminum rear wheels on my trike also and also use it on them.

31QizGqOf-L.jpg

I did it that same way and it does work. JUST START RUBBIG It take time but comes out looking great. BIG DENNY :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Very messy and time consuming job.

The wheels were a duller looking aluminum than the other parts.

Ken.

View attachment 54581View attachment 54582
[/QUOTE]

Holy shi#, you have to wash that bike at some point, way too dirty for me..............:D Actually that's one of the cleanest machines I've seen....I always wash/wax my bikes, nothing turns me off, more, then when my bike is dirty.... I always wash it before taking out for a ride, and very often I wash it and then take it down the road (three mins. away) and wax it under a nice shade tree, in a park near me.. I put head phones on my head, crank up the led Jepplin tunes, and go at it....It just relaxes me, I have purchased a can of the bar keepers cleaner (thanks guys for the suggestion) and will try it on my front rims when it get warm enough....

Ronnie

Too those of you that recommended Bar Keeper's Friend to polish my front rims, I WANT TO THANK YOU, I finely had the chance to polish the front rim, as I'm in the process of changing the front tire, anyways, had my rim off the bike, AND THE WEATHER WASN'T TOO COLD, AND I POLISHED AWAY.. WOW I have to say that they came out quite clean..Bringing new tire, and rim down tomorrow morning to have to mounted and balanced, Yepp Pee let the new riding season begin! :clapping::clapping:

Ronnie

Too those of you that recommended Bar Keeper's Friend to polish my front rims, I WANT TO THANK YOU, I finely had the chance to polish the front rim, as I'm in the process of changing the front tire, anyways, had my rim off the bike, AND THE WEATHER WASN'T TOO COLD, AND I POLISHED AWAY.. WOW I have to say that they came out quite clean..Bringing new tire, and rim down tomorrow morning to have to mounted and balanced, Yepp Pee let the new riding season begin! :clapping::clapping:

Ronnie

Good deal, I have been using it for a bit more than 20 years since I first saw it

The key is getting it ALL rinsed off so it don't turn white on ya the next day;)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png