Maggie Valley 2018 Registration & Info

Ed Burette

It is about time someone posted news on Ed's condition and his needs. Ed's accident happened over a week ago, and I know nothing more now about it than I did last Friday. How about a down to earth post on his condition, and his financial needs? It nothing gets going, nothing will happen! I am sure there are other trikers at Maggie who have the same concerns I have, so lets see some action. I understand that everyone is busy, but hey, we are talking about a human life here, so lets show some concern for a fellow TT triker. Ed apparently was leading a ride Thursday and doing his best for the service of others, let's do the same for him!

Chaplain Dave

Since Ed was at our Maggie gathering when his unfortunate accident occurred, I keep looking for something to be posted at the Maggie Gathering site. But apparently one has to go to another TT site to find out anything. An email I just received listed this site: https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/50777-Prayers-For-Ed-quot-2Paps-quot-Bruettehttps://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/50777-Prayers-For-Ed-quot-2Paps-quot-Bruette

From what I can see Ed is facing a long and arduous recuperation time, and I still am concerned about his bills. If I were in his shoes, I'd be bankrupt...

Best regards,

Chaplain Dave

Since Ed was at our Maggie gathering when his unfortunate accident occurred, I keep looking for something to be posted at the Maggie Gathering site. But apparently one has to go to another TT site to find out anything. An email I just received listed this site: https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/50777-Prayers-For-Ed-quot-2Paps-quot-Bruettehttps://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/50777-Prayers-For-Ed-quot-2Paps-quot-Bruette

From what I can see Ed is facing a long and arduous recuperation time, and I still am concerned about his bills. If I were in his shoes, I'd be bankrupt...

Best regards,

Chaplain Dave

Chaplain Dave, first know that the Trike Talk Family is actively concerned with Ed's full and complete recovery. We greatly appreciate and understand your concerns.

All updates and current information are posted in the thread link you listed above. We receive our information directly from Ed's family. It is extremely important that we, as the Trike Talk Family, respect their wishes and give Ed and his family time to process and move forward from this incident.

One of the key wishes expressed by Ed's family is Post #45 in the thread link provided to you above. It is a direct quote from Ed's daughter to Papa Zook and cannot be any clearer than it already states:

"I just received a call from Ed's daughter Kelly and she asked that we please remove the link to the GoFundMe page(from Trike Talk) and post this message from her:

Hi all! I want to thank you all so much for your thoughts, prayers, cards and support, but when I told Dad that I had set up a GoFundMe page he was adamant that I take it down. Dad has found out that his insurance is covering everything and he will not be accepting donations. If you know dad, you will appreciate that we respect his wishes!"

The Trike Talk Family, for which you are an important part of, must respect his wishes.

If this does not clear up your financial concerns for Ed, then please PM (Personal Message) me your phone number and I will be glad to try to reexplain Ed's requests and wishes to you.

Hi,

I know that this is a dead thread. And I'm sorry to reawaken it, but I needed to say something.

I am the eldest daughter of Tom (~hus ride). They went to this gathering and had such a fun time. I live localish and I had gotten to see them while they were in Maggie valley and they had so much great things to say. They enjoyed riding around Maggie valley area.

But, the whole reason I am posting ... Is that I didn't know he had been on this forum. He passed away 02/2019 and mom passed away 03/2020.

My sister and I had tried to reach out to all their friends and people they talked with, we didn't know about forums they'd been on.

So I wanted to apologize if you were someone they talked to and we're wondering where they went.

The trike meant so much to both of them. I've inherited it and will be riding it in their honor.

Thank you for the smiles you brought my parents. ��

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png