Rebel RT

So I need to ask, kinda would like to know your design idea, anyhow on the sides the cardboard looks flat against the wind flow, the area past the handle bars.Is this going to disappear when finish out the front cone, like mold into the front with some curvature ?I see what you have, is air vents going to be in that area so air pass and does not create a drag, if that is the right word.Not even a curve, just a plater piece coming of the front narrower piece, on a angle, to meet and blend into the outer (wider) side panels. If the design was for fastening to frame, could you still not blend in such a piece so you get a smooth air flow over the ride ? just hit me, your project, more wondering what and how you do this, like I said " very interesting to me " and I enjoy it all.Happy Holidays to All

So I need to ask, kinda would like to know your design idea, anyhow on the sides the cardboard looks flat against the wind flow, the area past the handle bars.Is this going to disappear when finish out the front cone, like mold into the front with some curvature ?I see what you have, is air vents going to be in that area so air pass and does not create a drag, if that is the right word.Not even a curve, just a plater piece coming of the front narrower piece, on a angle, to meet and blend into the outer (wider) side panels. If the design was for fastening to frame, could you still not blend in such a piece so you get a smooth air flow over the ride ? just hit me, your project, more wondering what and how you do this, like I said " very interesting to me " and I enjoy it all.Happy Holidays to All
Thank You Andy, I am not good at drawing or CAD so I have to see what's in my head, I use graph paper to show me 2D, sides and ends, but the real life look is 3D (look at Shenanigan's I had to build the plastic model to scale, to see if I really liked it, and I really love that design and the 2 side X side version) RebelRouser nose and side panels will improve the looks, hiding the frame I did not really want to do but I can not make this frame look clean and simple, (Shenanigan's yes) And this design is rough and most of you like it as me but remember the exhaust, large sides of engine, foot controls need to be address with the body sides. So I will see when final welding and pre paint assembly is complete, Then I will go back to body panels, fiber glassing, paint...

That is all very true TomyJ, it is a long process with a lot to it, something you surely do not want to just " jump in feet first" with, LOL.I got a bit ahead of you and did not mean to do that, and I see what you mean about it all. My wife says I get "tunnel vision" to much, thinking she maybe on to something, but it is awesome to watch and learn and see it all happen.Hope all had a good Turkey Day and all can enjoy the Holidays.

I was wondering,when you get to the fiber glass, if you ever saw this way of making a mold. I found it looking at how the guys put big speakers in the back of their car. They build a fiber glass base for them.

I've used it on a couple of things. You make a shape you want then pull cloth over it. I used a fleece material but an old T shirt would work. The fleece stretches in both directions so it's easier to get the shape you want. After it's shaped you put a coating of fiber glass resin on it. When it drys you have a mold to build fiber glass on.

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

You can transition from round to square easily and you can make complex curves. I pulled the cloth tight to show what is possible. Hope this helps.

Dual HeadLights

Have to have headlight @ 22"+ with lo-hi beam and hi beam indicator, The upper light is from the Honda Rebel (bottom mount and after market I think) and smaller than the 7" light from my custom gScooter side mounts.Dual Headlights.JPG Horn bracket next...:Coffee:

OMG Brake pedal assembly

OMG! HPIM4043.jpgYou just got to love eBay day :Coffee:
OMG Brake pedal assembly fits so close to frame I do not believe it, HPIM4044.jpgHPIM4045.JPGHPIM4046.jpgHPIM4047.jpgHPIM4048.jpg And then, tired of the trike and the table taken up so much room,RT hop on top.jpg so PiggyBack,:clapping:

Work Table

Work Table set for engine reinstall and more floor space.Engine re-install.jpgLeveled table and made drawings for the brake pedal bracket.

OMG-Snail Mail

[h=2][/h]
Can you believe this shit? Caliper and bracket due in Hemet Ca. 12-24-2019, They (USPS) sent it to Hawaii, eBay and RiverCityCycleParts "NOT MY FAULT", I hate doing business with ass holes...​

Caliper and Bracket

Well they arrived this morning with 2 letters for a neighbor who lives on the side street so it was a differant street name and a 4 diget address, WTF! No more USPS shipping for me F--- THEM, Caliper & Bracket (2).JPGNeed to align the axle a little more and then weld a 1/2" bung into place. What do you think guy's??? Love to hear your opinions...

Pedal & M/C Brackets

I was ready to re install the engine and am really glad I did not. I can not believe how hard it is to take the measurements for the M/C, DAMN! M-C measurements.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png