One wheel drive

vegasboy

Jun 5, 2018
Las vegas, nv, USA
Hey I got a question. I have a trike that's one wheel drive and pulls hard to the right. It's tiresome to use the right hand to fight back. Does anybody know if a steering dampener would help this issue?

Steven, in alignment terms that is called torque steer, yup even from the rear

If you bisect the thrust angle front to back the rear may push from off the center line or the thrust angle

With cars you can adjust the back end, bikes not so much

It is pulling from the drive side. I know the steering stabilizers help out with high speed wobbles I just didn't know if it would help with a consistent pulling on the bars.

It is pulling from the drive side. I know the steering stabilizers help out with high speed wobbles I just didn't know if it would help with a consistent pulling on the bars.

Yeah, I dunno

I would try a bit lower PSI in the opposite rear tire this could plain it out some

Coincidentally if I'm traveling down a road that has a High middle center and a side slope off either end, if I'm in the fast lane it'll alleviate some of the pressure because the trike is tilted to the left.

If you're saying there's two rear wheels and only one drives, then you have no differential correct? If thats the case I've seen two trikes built that way and neither was successful for the very reason you describe. A steering damper wouldn't help in that situation.

Hey I got a question. I have a trike that's one wheel drive and pulls hard to the right. It's tiresome to use the right hand to fight back. Does anybody know if a steering dampener would help this issue?

the answer to the question is no

a damper is basically a shock absorber.. as in a car it wont "hold" the front end any more than it would hold up a car

do you have a stock front end? or raked trees? any idea what the trail is?

i anything has a diff in it, it is not one wheel drive

i assume this is mostly on right side of the road / high way... try passing lane on the hyway or any place the crown in the road is to the left ... we can go from there ..

stace

with some "creative" wheel alignment......i'm talking stock car racing alignment tricks, camber caster and stagger, maybe you could get the pull out of there at a given power input. that said, some state reg's want the front wheel centered with respect to back wheels centerline w/in 1 inch....thats for trikes, bikes must be w/in also. they don't say anything about stagger, however enough stagger would affect the centerline figures at some point. just a thought...:xzqxz:

I've been all over this form trying to find out how to post pictures from a phone. Haven't found one post yet that tells me what to click on. The screen I'm looking at doesn't give me any options to do anything but title, message, submit reply preview post.

I read the instructions on how to post a pic but I don't see any button to click on to even start I'm using a phone. Any help on this?

I've been all over this form trying to find out how to post pictures from a phone. Haven't found one post yet that tells me what to click on. The screen I'm looking at doesn't give me any options to do anything but title, message, submit reply preview post.

Have you checked out this thread on how to post pictures?:

https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/21006-How-To-Post-a-Picture

This may help.:D

One wheel drive will always favor a circle direction. If no diff. Is wanted, then conciter a live axle. Although I don’t know what your working with , Live axle downfalls will be front plowing along with possible road wander. Sort of like welding the spider gears. It will also raise havoc on the axle as twisting and possibly braking it could occur. (Sounds like drug side effects).

Yes as previously stated I have read these instructions. However it says to click on the editor toolbar above the text box. There is no editor Toolbar to click on when using a phone.

Apparently all instructions on how to insert pics are done on a laptop. I must be the only guy on this form using an Android phone to post apparently. This is ridiculous, I even watch the video I have to insert the picture but it was also done on a regular computer not a phone. It gives me no options to do anything but post a title a message preview post and send that's it nothing else on the entire page when using a phone no options whatsoever. If I could post pictures you guys could help me out a lot faster this format is unlike any forum I have ever seen that I've used previously on the internet. It doesn't need to be this difficult it's not rocket science.

Nevermind I figured it out had to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on the full website and get out of the mobile the mobile website won't let you do anything give me a second I'll put some pictures up

Calm down Steve ,

Try this; Reply to thread, scroll down to manage attachments, click on it, upper right ,it says add files, click, choose file, click, photo library or take photo, click on one, after you pick the pix click on upload on upper right, after it shows up, click insert inline , click on done, then you should be good to go. Hopefully.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png