Freewheeler "Chopper" Project

I really dig those tail lights....Did you get them to blink in sequence yet?

Not yet. The guys at Namz (Badlands Modules) are working on one but it is not released yet. I volunteered to be a guinea pig, but the took a pass on the idea. The United Pacific Sequential LED Light Kit was not compatible either. So the outer two are running lights and turns and the inner four are running lights and brakes.

WOW!!!! That looks insane!! Those tires and wheels really stand out (no pun intended). As you get further in your build you get me motivated to get mine finished. Waiting on second tire to be delivered and going to measure for the hubcentric rings. Did you get a set for between freewheeler hub and adapter AND between adapter and wheel? I have the same wheel in a 10". Lets see that bad ass sissy bar!

Waiting on second tire to be delivered and going to measure for the hubcentric rings. Did you get a set for between freewheeler hub and adapter AND between adapter and wheel? I have the same wheel in a 10".

Yes I did I turned down a piece of tube stock to make the inner sleeve for wheel to adapter (see picture). But my adapter design required it. Then the hubcentric rigs went from Trike hub to adapter.

Attachments

• Wheel Adapter 1.jpg
    Wheel Adapter 1.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 199
Yes I did I turned down a piece of tube stock to make the inner sleeve for wheel to adapter (see picture). But my adapter design required it. Then the hubcentric rigs went from Trike hub to adapter.

Thank you. Have the same adapter also. My Calipers won't fit inside the wheel to measure hub! Going to call Cragar for the specs. Hoping to have this issue taken care of in next 2 weeks. Weather is changing here in Vegas so need to be on the road.

Thank you. Have the same adapter also. My Calipers won't fit inside the wheel to measure hub! Going to call Cragar for the specs.

Calling them is a REAL challenge. I never could get a real number. I used the tech line email thing.

I run a machine shop in my factory, so it was easy for me to get an inside mic. Do you know a machinist that can lend you one? Or take the wheel to a machine shop and have them measure it. They will usually do it 'cause "those wheel will be cool" on the trike. I only suggest this because I bought something that did not work based on the tech line guidance and had to make one. Maybe you will have better luck :)

Free Bird, would you mind posting a side view of the back of the trunk, I am looking to do a license plate mount like yours on my Wifes Freewheeler and she wants to see how far it is off the body. Very cool build by the way, I tried to get her to let me do wide tires on hers but she isn't buying it "yet" hahaha.

thanks Jason

So I am stumped on the wheel mounting part. I'm not following something here. I ordered a hubcentric ring to go from trike hub to inside face of adapter. Where do the off center washers go and is something you had to order separately? What size lug nuts did you order? Sorry for all the questions but I'm at a standstill here and want this done right and safe! Thank you again. I appreciate your help.

So I am stumped on the wheel mounting part. I'm not following something here. I ordered a hubcentric ring to go from trike hub to inside face of adapter. Where do the off center washers go and is something you had to order separately? What size lug nuts did you order? Sorry for all the questions but I'm at a standstill here and want this done right and safe! Thank you again. I appreciate your help.

No problem...

The sequence is:

Trike Wheel Hub ---> Concentric Ring ---> Wheel adapter---> 1/2-20 short length lug nuts ---> Turned ring ---> Cragar Wheel ---> Offset Washers ---> 1/2-20 Cragar S/S lugs.

Washers come with the lug nuts (got mine from JEGS). The adapter you use dictates the need for the adapter-to-Cragar ring. Mine needed it. An I wanted the offset of the Cragar to match the offset of the stock HD Wheel... so that was a design choice given available adapter options.

Hope that helps...

PS

Put just shy of 100 miles on the highway Sunday and I am guessing about ~30 in the city stop-n-go since I bolted them on. No issues holding torque or vibrations

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png