Lehman trike rides very low in rear

Hank

Jul 15, 2018
Montrose
Hi- I'm new to forum and requesting any help or info on my problem- I have a 2013 Goldwing with a Lehmans Monarch II conversion-With 2 up at 340 lbs. the mufflers have 3 and 3/8 inch road clearance- the mufflers have met the road to many times- the trailer hitch when installed has 2 and 7/8 inch road clearance ,without a trailer and it to has done the same thing- I have compared the measurements with other trikes company's and the measurements on mine are 2 and 1/2 to 3 inches lower- I have turned the shock adjustment out I more turn to 5 turns out- any more adjustment and the ride is too stiff- I contact lehmans (Bill) and he said he would look into the issue and no reply after a week- Is there a shock extender that would take care of the problem or any other solution ---Thanks for any info---Hank

Hi- I'm new to forum and requesting any help or info on my problem- I have a 2013 Goldwing with a Lehmans Monarch II conversion-With 2 up at 340 lbs. the mufflers have 3 and 3/8 inch road clearance- the mufflers have met the road to many times- the trailer hitch when installed has 2 and 7/8 inch road clearance ,without a trailer and it to has done the same thing- I have compared the measurements with other trikes company's and the measurements on mine are 2 and 1/2 to 3 inches lower- I have turned the shock adjustment out I more turn to 5 turns out- any more adjustment and the ride is too stiff- I contact lehmans (Bill) and he said he would look into the issue and no reply after a week- Is there a shock extender that would take care of the problem or any other solution ---Thanks for any info---Hank

Hank, Welcome to Trike Talk Forum from West Virginia. Do you have the straight axle or the LLS ?

https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/49735-Monarch-II-LLS-Bottoming-out

Hanks low ride trike

The trike is a LLS (independent suspension) A arms replaced at 12k and bike has 41k on it now

Hanks low ride trike

I contacted Lehmans yesterday to follow up on the problem of (Low Riding Trike) I requested over a week ago-there answer was- there is no problem and that's the way it's designed- I think for me it's a problem- scraping tail pipes , scraping hitch , and very hard to load in my toy hauler problems (with one of the lowest ramp of toy haulers)----I road on a friends bike(same year) for 500 miles (CSC) and didn't notice any scraping of any kind and the ride was noticeably better- it was smother a held the curves very well -With 6 lbs. higher tire pressure than mine ---THE SOLUTION- at this point I think we all know the solution for me is look for another trike and one of my choices wont be a Lehmans------

Hank after reading all of this I was just wondering what size rear wheels and tires do you have on your trike?

Hank

I feel your pain. Years ago when I bought my Lehman I had issues and Lehman was as sympathetic as a brick. They basically dump all of their issues on the installers. Mine was factory built but it was the installers problem to fix it. I wound up going through 3 dealers before I found an installer who would look at it and just rolling it into his shop he noticed one issue off the bat. Two weeks later and a several page report on the factories install deficiencies I got her back. The factory told the installer to never do this agin to one of their trikes.

Sadly the guy who fixed mine retired. But Lee H. Mann (Jim Murphy) of M&J trikes has been a great help to me on the phone on occasion . If you can I would say give him a call and maybe see if theres something maybe overlooked. By the way mines an 07 Monarch II straightaxle, a slightly different beast but still a brother to yours.I dont know if any of this helps but hopefully something good comes out of it.

If you find out how tall those spacers are, make your own from wood like press treated plywood. If seldom sees rain, regular wood would work well. 1800s look like they have fat mufflers anyways.

Do your rear tires ever rub in the fender well tops? My hitch (Class 1 receiver I made) is tucked up as far as possible, but occasionally would drag so I added a "skid".

Love my Lehman, but it's SA on a 1500. Has two Progressive type 416 air / spring shocks.

Hanks low ride trike

Good morning and thanks for the suggestions- When I purchased the trike it had 1900 miles on it in 2015 and I was told it was a factory install- It didn't have the body spacers and I installed them- the tire size is 205/70R15 by Dunlop an I did have a tire rubbing issue till I installed body spacers- I installed 1 in. fork tube extenders which brought the front suspension up- My measurement yesterday after turning shocks out to 5 turns are ,front of engine 3 5/8in. ,rear brace for floor boards 2 1/2in. ,mufflers rear 3in. ---I don't understand when a company advertises as being No.1 , the best, and whatever else they put on there adds can't follow up with consistent good products and SERVICE- When we pay $40,000 more or less for a new trike and have a multitude of issues to take care of- How about less money on adds and more on customers- After all that I do feel a lot better- Thanks for all the replies---

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png