VANDERHALL: Debut of the Vanderhall Speedster

View attachment 85993View attachment 85994View attachment 85995 Shortened both ends of the rack by one section and my wheeled trunk fits great. Shortened the reciever tube about 1 1/2" and angle cut it to have more weld on the tube. I can still use the reciever for a ball mount if needed, just have to angle cut to fit the inner length of the tube. Rack from Harbor Freight and trunk (plastic) from Northern Tool. Tom

Hi Tom,

Nice looking set up for those short stays/trips where a cargo trailer isn't as necessary. I am curious how the receiver hitch is attached to the swing arm of your Carmel. It looks like there a hitch pin involved and if so, making it easy to disconnect I'm assuming, correct? Could you provide a close up picture of the attachment point when it's convenient?

pmar6004

Hi Tom,

Nice looking set up for those short stays/trips where a cargo trailer isn't as necessary. I am curious how the receiver hitch is attached to the swing arm of your Carmel. It looks like there a hitch pin involved and if so, making it easy to disconnect I'm assuming, correct? Could you provide a close up picture of the attachment point when it's convenient?

pmar6004

Look closely at the photos as it isn't attached to the swingarm but bolts to the hub between the fender bracket and hub. All I did was change the end from a ball mount to a reciever tube so I could use the rack or slide in a ball hitch if ever needed. Tom

View attachment 85993View attachment 85994View attachment 85995 Shortened both ends of the rack by one section and my wheeled trunk fits great. Shortened the reciever tube about 1 1/2" and angle cut it to have more weld on the tube. I can still use the reciever for a ball mount if needed, just have to angle cut to fit the inner length of the tube. Rack from Harbor Freight and trunk (plastic) from Northern Tool. Tom

Tom, you have a very nice set up, perfect for those shorter overnighter trips using the luggage rack, or the more lengthy ones, where a cargo trailer is more appropriate. The Deadwood 3 Wheeler Rally is still on, scheduled for July 12th - 17th http://www.d3wr.com. You, your buddy Mikey and your significant others have my personal invitation and to participate in my Meet & Greet/Ride/Luncheon event that I'll be hosting on July 14th, 8:30 AM. This will be the 4th year that I've hosted this event, but the first year as a "Vanderhaller". Sure would be wonderful to see more, as I currently have 13 that have said they would attend, making up (3) Vanderhalls, (1) Slingshot, (1) Stallion, (1) Victory Trike, (2) Can Am Spyders and (1) Harley Tri-Glide.

pmar6004

Tom, you have a very nice set up, perfect for those shorter overnighter trips using the luggage rack, or the more lengthy ones, where a cargo trailer is more appropriate. The Deadwood 3 Wheeler Rally is still on, scheduled for July 12th - 17th http://www.d3wr.com. You, your buddy Mikey and your significant others have my personal invitation and to participate in my Meet & Greet/Ride/Luncheon event that I'll be hosting on July 14th, 8:30 AM. This will be the 4th year that I've hosted this event, but the first year as a "Vanderhaller". Sure would be wonderful to see more, as I currently have 13 that have said they would attend, making up (3) Vanderhalls, (1) Slingshot, (1) Stallion, (1) Victory Trike, (2) Can Am Spyders and (1) Harley Tri-Glide.

pmar6004

Thanks Paul but not sure about any trips for awhile. Already cancelled my Americade trip for June as all of the group I would have been meeting there have cancelled! That trunk actually holds more than the suit case used prior and that was good for a couple of weeks for 2 when you did laundry every 4-5 days. It's 37" w x14" h x 17" d. On sale now at Academy Sports for $25. Very light weight. Tom

Venice Specs

These are the listed specs for the Vanderhall Carmel taken from the website.

Specifications

GENERAL

Passengers: 2

Body Construction: Composite

Exterior Colors: Silver Vintage Metallic, Poseidon Blue Metallic, Ruby Metallic, Pearl White

Model Year: 2019

Place of Manufacture: Provo, Utah

STANDARD EQUIPMENT

Convenience: Heated seats, dual-vent heating system, front entry doors

Safety: Dual servo-brakes with ABS, traction control, electric power steering

Interior Material: Saxony Brown V-Tex synthetic upholstery

Audio: Two channel, amplifier – with Bluetooth connectivity

Lighting: LED (headlights, turn signals, brake lights)

ENGINE

Alignment: Transverse

Manufacturer: General Motors

Engine Code: LFV

Cylinders: 4

Configuration: Inline

Displacement: 1.5 liters (1490cc)

Valves: 16

Bore x Stroke: 74.0 x 86.6mm

Bore Center: 81mm

Compression: 10:1

Redline: 6,500 rpm

Aspiration: Turbocharged

Horsepower: 200 @ 5700 rpm

Torque: 203 lb-ft @ 2,450 rpm

Block: Aluminum

Sump Design: Wet

Fuel Supply: Direct Fuel injection

Recommended Fuel: 91 octane

Catalytic converter: Yes

TRANSMISSION

Type: 6T40 (MNH)

Gears: 6

Driven Wheels: Front

Top Gear Ratio: .75

Clutch: Automatic torque converter

Final Gear Ratio: 3.87

PERFORMANCE

0-60 mph: 4.5 seconds

Top Speed: 138 mph

Lateral Cornering Stability: .95 G

Power-to-Weight Ratio: 7.9 lb/hp

CHASSIS

Suspension, Front: Pushrod, coil-over hydraulic shocks (Vanderhall)

Suspension, Rear: Single-sided swingarm, coil-over hydraulic shock (Vanderhall)

Base Wheels: 19x8.5 Front, 19x11 Rear

Base Tires: 235/35ZR19 Front, 275/35ZR19 Rear

Brake Calipers: 4 Piston

Brake Rotor, Front 315mm

Brake Rotor, Rear: 275mm

Steering: GM rack-and-pinion, electronic assist

BODY

Base Platform: Vanderhall Mono Aluminum

Bodywork Material: Composite

Cargo Capacity: 83 liters

DIMENSIONS, WEIGHT & CAPACITIES

Length: 3700mm

Overall Width: 1750mm

Track, Front: 1500mm

Height: 1140mm

Wheelbase: 2575mm

Weight Distribution: 75/25

Ground Clearance: 125mm

Dry Weight: 1,505 lbs.

Curb Weight: 1595 lbs.

Load capacity: 500 lbs.

Fuel Capacity: 9.5 gal.

I am waiting for a new Venice GT to arrive, and I'm wondering if anyone here has a list of specs like these for the Venice?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png