VANDERHALL: Debut of the Vanderhall Speedster

Tomg, your Carmel looks beautiful. We had a wonderful time at the Deadwood 3WR with PMAR6004. Almost everyone loved the Vanderhalls. Always a few haters in a group. We had a chance to test the Carmel and loved it. The Carmel comes in Blue and Silver. The Carmel GT comes in Red and White. Vanderhallusa.com has been updated to reflect final options included.

The cup holders are small. We purchased cup holder adapters on Amazon to fit a larger cup or bottles.

The capshades were at Sturgis and should be available soon.

There is a company in Florida that is going to make a trailer hitch. Paul Riccio also makes luggage racks.

Storage compartment covers have been fabricated for the Venice and the Carmel ones should follow. Ed Morgan is making these.

Carmel engine/transmission tunes are available through Bad News Racing.

The new factory is now in operation.

Enjoy your Carmel and options will come in time.

I know you don't like Facebook, but that's where most of the Vanderhall information is. Search FB for Vanderhall Performance and Accessories.

Have you noticed more attention everywhere you go? It's part of the Vanderhall experience.

Hi Ken, Yesterday was really my first ride in the Carmel as I've been in the middle of my house being painted which meant that I had to remove my hurricane shutters and brackets and put back up after the painting. We also have had probably the wettest and hottest 6 weeks I've ever seen in Florida so it has not been the best time to ride. As I sold my Stallion in February, I haven't ridden at all so I need to get some more miles in and I hope I get better accustomed to the seats as right now I think they are not very comfortable. Thanks for the info as the Orlando dealer also had told me about the rack and hitch being in work. Tomg

Tomg, your Carmel looks beautiful. We had a wonderful time at the Deadwood 3WR with PMAR6004. Almost everyone loved the Vanderhalls. Always a few haters in a group. We had a chance to test the Carmel and loved it. The Carmel comes in Blue and Silver. The Carmel GT comes in Red and White. Vanderhallusa.com has been updated to reflect final options included.

The cup holders are small. We purchased cup holder adapters on Amazon to fit a larger cup or bottles.

The capshades were at Sturgis and should be available soon.

There is a company in Florida that is going to make a trailer hitch. Paul Riccio also makes luggage racks.

Storage compartment covers have been fabricated for the Venice and the Carmel ones should follow. Ed Morgan is making these.

Carmel engine/transmission tunes are available through Bad News Racing.

The new factory is now in operation.

Enjoy your Carmel and options will come in time.

I know you don't like Facebook, but that's where most of the Vanderhall information is. Search FB for Vanderhall Performance and Accessories.

Have you noticed more attention everywhere you go? It's part of the Vanderhall experience.

Ken, I think you must be referring to the cup holder that was by the shifter as the Carmel holder is almost even with the door panel. There isn't enough room to use a koozie, also a far reach to get to and in the way getting in and out! Tom

31cPFsXp-gL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Tong, We ordered a pair of these off Amazon for our Laguna that has a similar cup holder by the door. They fit into the 3" cup holders and will fit a variety of cups. There are a variety of different styles to choose from. Yes they get in the way of getting in and out.

For greater comfort in the seats, I scoot my butt as far back into the seat as possible for more support.

Hope your weather improves. We have about 10 more weeks to play and then storage time.

2019 Biketoberfest Vanderhall Rally

To anyone interested, there is a Vanderhall get together planned for the Biketoberfest rally in Daytona this year. Info as follows.

2nd Multi State V Rally Oct 18-20 combined with Daytona Biketoberfest!

Register now!

Friday night get together at Spruce Creek Airport with Aircraft Flyovers and a hangar pizza welcome party. Saturday Poker Run with a scenic woodland drive to an ocean beach front restaurant at Flagler Beach. Return Beach drive, then down Main St. Daytona ending at the V Demo/Display at the Daytona NASCAR Speedway. Saturday night dinner at Spruce Creek Airport. Sunday breakfast at the beach and depart.

Being Biketoberfest weekend get your hotel reservations now. They will fill up fast. Come one, come all Vanderhalls. It will be a fun weekend. In July we had 11 V’s 20+ attendees, some came all the way to FL from TX so we really want YOU to join us! Hosted by Jeff Edwards & Jennifer Edwards (with lots of help) Oct. 18-20.

We need to know how many to plan for. TEXT the following to Riley at 407-430-7462:

Your Name

Your Guest’s Name

V T-Shirt Sizes (both)

Fri night Pizza Welcome Yes or No

Sat Poker Run Yes or No

Sat night Dinner Yes or No

Sun AM Breakfast Yes or No

Home City/State

Email Address (for more details)

"Let The Fun Begin..."

Well I suppose I had better make the announcement that I'm officially a "Vanderhaller", as of Oct. 8th. I traded my '09 TMS Stallion and '11 Aluma TK1 trailer for a Vanderhall Carmel GT. It took about 8 weeks from the time I placed my order till the time I received delivery. I was beginning to worry, since snow showers were forecasted for the week that I planned on picking it up. I rented a U-Haul tow dolly to transport my new "toy" back home. Prior to leaving, I bought some Transport Wrap (3 mil white plastic wrap which has an adhesive on one side that leaves no residue) that I can't speak too highly enough for its effectiveness. I wrapped my Carmel GT like a cocoon, duct taping the seams of the wrap just as a precaution. I was sure glad that I did, for it rained for the last 100 miles of my 440 mile trip. Now if our Fall weather would just return so I can get some enjoyment, prior to putting it to rest for it's winter nap. 08EEF862-2754-4D32-9A5B-4A6AF3D4FEBE[22015].jpeg

pmar6004

Well I suppose I had better make the announcement that I'm officially a "Vanderhaller", as of Oct. 8th. I traded my '09 TMS Stallion and '11 Aluma TK1 trailer for a Vanderhall Carmel GT. It took about 8 weeks from the time I placed my order till the time I received delivery. I was beginning to worry, since snow showers were forecasted for the week that I planned on picking it up. I rented a U-Haul tow dolly to transport my new "toy" back home. Prior to leaving, I bought some Transport Wrap (3 mil white plastic wrap which has an adhesive on one side that leaves no residue) that I can't speak too highly enough for its effectiveness. I wrapped my Carmel GT like a cocoon, duct taping the seams of the wrap just as a precaution. I was sure glad that I did, for it rained for the last 100 miles of my 440 mile trip. Now if our Fall weather would just return so I can get some enjoyment, prior to putting it to rest for it's winter nap. View attachment 77954

pmar6004

Congrats nice color. Ride safe

Congrats nice color. Ride safe

Thanks Ted...! Hated to leave the Stallion family, but it was time for a needed change, while I still have some time on the clock. A special thank you for your help and expertise given me at a past Rally In The Valley TT get-together.

pmar6004

Out of curiosity ... is it registered as a car or a motorcycle? Probably varies state to state ... sure is pretty though.

In Jersey.........If you read the regulations the Vanderhall and the Slingshot has to be resisted as an ;Autocyle..... Yet my Slingshot is registered as an Motorcycle..And when i asked the only Vanderhall dealer in Jersey and also a few Slingshot dealers , They all tell me they don't know what i'm talking about? They say they registered all of them as Motorcycles..

My Slingshot is registered as and renewed as a Motorcycle...:Shrug:...

In Jersey.........If you read the regulations the Vanderhall and the Slingshot has to be resisted as an ;Autocyle..... Yet my Slingshot is registered as an Motorcycle..And when i asked the only Vanderhall dealer in Jersey and also a few Slingshot dealers , They all tell me they don't know what i'm talking about? They say they registered all of them as Motorcycles..

My Slingshot is registered as and renewed as a Motorcycle...:Shrug:...

There was talk here in the "Rocky Mountain High" ... that they weren't gonna allow them (Slingshots) to be registered at all ... our law (as it's been explained to me) states a motorcycle is something you "straddle" ... and since you don't stradle a Slingshot or VanderHall, for that matter and they don't meet automotive safety requirements .... well they just weren't gonna allow them ... apparently they figured it out because at least the slingshots are registered as motorcycles. Can't speak to VanderHall's.

Just to add.........Even though they are registered as Motorcycles in most states a Motorcycle license is not required.....:Shrug:...And if not mistaken some states driving the Spyder doesn't require having a Motorcycle license...

Just to add.........Even though they are registered as Motorcycles in most states a Motorcycle license is not required.....:Shrug:...And if not mistaken some states driving the Spyder doesn't require having a Motorcycle license...

in Florida if it registered as a motorcycle: Florida statue

If you wish to operate any two or three wheel motorcycle, whose engine size is more than 50 cc, you are required to have a motorcycle endorsement on your driver license or hold a ‘Motorcycle Only’ license. Please note that anyone driving a motorcycle without an endorsement is violating the law.

in Florida if it registered as a motorcycle: Florida statue

If you wish to operate any two or three wheel motorcycle, whose engine size is more than 50 cc, you are required to have a motorcycle endorsement on your driver license or hold a ‘Motorcycle Only’ license. Please note that anyone driving a motorcycle without an endorsement is violating the law.

Ted, my license in Florida is Motorcycle Also, I transitioned from 2 to 3 wheels;)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png