VANDERHALL: Debut of the Vanderhall Speedster

Great Looking Air Brush Job...!

Tomg.

Great paint and air brushing job on your Carmel. Also nice to know that C & C Cycle has developed their trailer hitch for the Vanderhall line. Do you mind me asking how much it cost and was it difficult to install? What is the hitch's weight or tongue rating?

pmar6004

Tomg.

Great paint and air brushing job on your Carmel. Also nice to know that C & C Cycle has developed their trailer hitch for the Vanderhall line. Do you mind me asking how much it cost and was it difficult to install? What is the hitch's weight or tongue rating?

pmar6004

Thanks Paul. I didn't get the tongue weight but Bob (the owner) installed it while he was here in Florida. He had some quotes that had come in on water cutting the parts which he hope will reduce the cost but didn't have them to look over. Mine was $600 but he is hoping to reduce that if the quotes are right. Cutting the parts out takes him the most of his labor. Call the parts dept and hopefully by now they will have an update. Tom

A Vanderhall is unique on it's own but these graphics makes this one exceptional. Looks great !!!

wF6m6ii7_o.png

Thanks Paul. I didn't get the tongue weight but Bob (the owner) installed it while he was here in Florida. He had some quotes that had come in on water cutting the parts which he hope will reduce the cost but didn't have them to look over. Mine was $600 but he is hoping to reduce that if the quotes are right. Cutting the parts out takes him the most of his labor. Call the parts dept and hopefully by now they will have an update. Tom

Thanks Tom for the come back. I know the parts guy, Mike, quite well at C & C. I'll give him a call, as you suggested. It's finally beginning to look like spring. Hopefully in the weeks that follow, I'll be able to take my first ride/drive of the season. I have a few accessories yet to install first, some of which require it to be a bit warmer than it has been here, like the windshield molding to cover the gap at the lower bottom edge. Take care... Happy Vanderhalling!

pmar6004

Thanks Tom for the come back. I know the parts guy, Mike, quite well at C & C. I'll give him a call, as you suggested. It's finally beginning to look like spring. Hopefully in the weeks that follow, I'll be able to take my first ride/drive of the season. I have a few accessories yet to install first, some of which require it to be a bit warmer than it has been here, like the windshield molding to cover the gap at the lower bottom edge. Take care... Happy Vanderhalling!

pmar6004

I've had my luggage rack finally narrowed and tomorrow will be working on modifying the hitch from a ball mount to a reciever. The aluminum rack and luggage box with an average load shouldn't total more than about 60 lbs. I've used this for 9 years on my Stallion and it worked great. Just unpin it and bring it in the motel room if staying more than over night. Plus I could get into motels in the French Quarter as I wasn't pulling a trailer.

Tom

I've had my luggage rack finally narrowed and tomorrow will be working on modifying the hitch from a ball mount to a reciever. The aluminum rack and luggage box with an average load shouldn't total more than about 60 lbs. I've used this for 9 years on my Stallion and it worked great. Just unpin it and bring it in the motel room if staying more than over night. Plus I could get into motels in the French Quarter as I wasn't pulling a trailer.

Tom

Tom, I'd be interested in seeing a picture of your hitch, once you get it modified to a receiver type hitch. Now, could you send me some of your Florida weather and sunshine? Either that, or I've got to stop reading members comments on the Vanderhall Owners Forum, that they took out their Carmels for a nice drive,... lol!

pmar6004

Trailer hitch and lugged rack mods

20200411_102947_resized.jpg20200411_102932_resized.jpg20200411_103017_resized.jpg Shortened both ends of the rack by one section and my wheeled trunk fits great. Shortened the reciever tube about 1 1/2" and angle cut it to have more weld on the tube. I can still use the reciever for a ball mount if needed, just have to angle cut to fit the inner length of the tube. Rack from Harbor Freight and trunk (plastic) from Northern Tool. Tom

View attachment 85993View attachment 85994View attachment 85995 Shortened both ends of the rack by one section and my wheeled trunk fits great. Shortened the reciever tube about 1 1/2" and angle cut it to have more weld on the tube. I can still use the reciever for a ball mount if needed, just have to angle cut to fit the inner length of the tube. Rack from Harbor Freight and trunk (plastic) from Northern Tool. Tom

Tom, looks great. Maybe our “stuff” (make-up) will fit in there, too! LOL

Natalie

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png