Done Deal!

paws

Just Killing Time...
Oct 22, 2011
Kerrville, TX U.S.A
Well....I have officially transitioned over from trike rider to Spyder Rider!

Rode it Saturday and finally summoned up enough courage today to trade my perfectly good, extremely comfortable, heavily accessorized, 34,000 miles, 2008 Gold Wing Motortrike Adventure kit for a..... 2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6, 2,350 miles, cognac color.

Lots of agonizing pros and cons went into this decision and most of you know I have considered this swap for over a year. Whether it is the right one or not at least it lifts some heavy “con” burdens from my soul about keeping the trike.

The weather is pretty bad today - rain and 38*. They are adding a driver’s backrest for me and switching out the longer antennae for the shorter one. When the weather lets up this week I will take my coveted Gold Wing trike to the dealer, kiss her on the nose, thank her for the exemplary service she has bestowed on me since 2012 and bless her with my sincerest best wishes. Another good chapter is closed.

I am looking forward...as my signature says:

New course heading Mr. Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning!

Congrats Carla, wishing you many miles and smiles on the new ride, looking forward to some pics.

I think I would blur out that license plate, you never know who's lurking.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png