What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

Rode

Finally sunny 70 in n.e. Pa. 140 mile round trip with wife out for dinner. Puttin along two lane back roads through Mennonite/Amish country, dodging horse droppings on road. First ride with red line 58204 (pepto bismal) in tranny. Downshifted smoother and didnt have the distinctive harley sound of a 10" adjustable wrench being dropped in an empty steel bucket.

I have never ordered from J&P Cycles. I ordered yesterday & got an e-mail today saying my items shipped. Very good so far.

Good deal, you are 1 state over from their main store in Anamosa Iowa, that should be pretty darn good service;)

If they have what I need in stock I ride to their Daytona store 80 miles I can be there in 59 minutes:p

Reactions: MDO
Good deal, you are 1 state over from their main store in Anamosa Iowa, that should be pretty darn good service;)

If they have what I need in stock I ride to their Daytona store 80 miles I can be there in 59 minutes:p

I just tracked it and delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. I'm glad they used UPS. For some reason when I get stuff shipped to me via USPS, it takes 2 days after it arrives in St. Louis for me to get it. I guess so many employees need to touch it.;)

Cool Jack, If you don't mind me asking, where did you find the best place to purchase the EBC pads & how much was left on the old ones?

I got them from Dennis Kirk, Check J&P for pricing also;)

There was about 1/4 left

I have NEVER liked H D brakes

Just got back from breaking them in, they stop better than HD pads and do NOT squeak;)

My wife has a cousin that works @ Dennis Kirk:p

When we lived in MN I rode up to Dennis Kirk pretty often;)

If and when you do your front brakes, DONT forget to pump the rear brakes a couple times before riding Remember they are LINKED;)

• Thanks
Thanks Jack, I just ordered 1, along with an extended heel shifter arm. Happy Easter to me.:clapping:

Just an update:

I received my J&P Cycles order today that I placed on Easter Sunday morning. I got an extended shifter peg (black) for the toe shifter & an extended heel shift lever. The parts look great.:cool:

Thanks Jack! The quality looks great & the 1/4" hex key wrench was a nice touch.

It's still damp, dreary & raining here in STL. I will take some pics of the stock & extended arms & pegs prior to installation.

I am really hoping this fixes my minor shifting complaints.:)

Finally sunny 70 in n.e. Pa. 140 mile round trip with wife out for dinner. Puttin along two lane back roads through Mennonite/Amish country, dodging horse droppings on road. First ride with red line 58204 (pepto bismal) in tranny. Downshifted smoother and didnt have the distinctive harley sound of a 10" adjustable wrench being dropped in an empty steel bucket.

Good to read you got some good weather (and are enjoying the RL).

Nobody%20hates%20winter.jpg

Kevin

Looks good Dante.Now you will be more noticeable to oncoming traffic. Install some LED's off e-bay for a wallet friendly price and the oncoming traffic will really notice you.

Washed and re oiled my air filter

I dunno why I waste time checking the Redline in my tranny, it has never migrated a drop;)

I may ride to J&P Friday just for grins;)

I waited for a break in the rain & headed to the garage to install my extended heel shifter & extended toe shift ped.

Very easy & exactley what I wanted. I can use the entire floorboard, slide my foot back & upshift & the new toe shiftpeg lets me downshift without moving my foot over & searching for the peg. I took side by side pics to show the differences. I also like the fact that on the new heel shift arm, the retaining screw installs from the top, which makes thinks easier. I loc-tited everything

extended heel shifter arm.jpgnew toe extended shift peg.jpg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png