What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

I have had a busy week of this & that & it has not included riding my FW. The poor girl has been in the garage for days, all alone on the Battery Tender. I know I'm riding Sunday to my Granddaughters Birthday party, but may try for a Saturday ride also.

HEY!!! I can FINALLY post to this thread MDO!!!

Went for a 100+ mile RIDE today on the Free-Chopper... it was a beautiful day for it. Went out into the Missouri river area in Calhoun County Illinois and just burned up some gas getting to know my long time coming trike.

The new cam (Woods x22) is great. Lots of torque through 90% of the RPM range. The Progressive shocks handles potholes and rough pavement much better than the stock shocks. 19" rise apes were a non-issue on the twisty turny roads.

The new saddle is thinner in the drivers seat so you sit lower so the backrest from the "hump" style seat has as good an effect as my OEM backrest had.

I did have to keep the MPH at 60 or below or the fenders (that are still on the trike) start to get nervous... but that is ok by me 60 MPH is fine until winter

All in all a great re-acquaintance ride.

Went for a 100+ mile RIDE today on the Free-Chopper... it was a beautiful day for it. Went out into the Missouri river area in Calhoun County Illinois and just burned up some gas getting to know my long time coming trike.

The new cam (Woods x22) is great. Lots of torque through 90% of the RPM range. The Progressive shocks handles potholes and rough pavement much better than the stock shocks. 19" rise apes were a non-issue on the twisty turny roads.

The new saddle is thinner in the drivers seat so you sit lower so the backrest from the "hump" style seat has as good an effect as my OEM backrest had.

I did have to keep the MPH at 60 or below or the fenders (that are still on the trike) start to get nervous... but that is ok by me 60 MPH is fine until winter

Good to hear you got out for a ride on the beautiful day. Watch out for the stunt riders in town this weekend. I'm staying away from downtown roads.

I bet that ride felt good:clapping:

Have not ridden at all this season, yet, because ohealth issues. I even joined the American Legion and American Legion Riders earlier this year.

All I have done the last week is go to the garage and look at my FW. My "on again, off again" back is giving me fits again and I have been unable to ride. Hope it clears up in time for the Kerrville gathering. Been looking forward to that for months but not looking too good right now. Curses! :mad:

Sunman

Dann-eee.... You’re just thinking there might not be enough Black Forest Cheesecake this year.... Hhhmmm ..... would hate for you to miss THAT! :)

I will be getting a 75 mile round trip ride in to my youngest sons house for my grandaughters birthday party. She is 10.
She is a avid reader and I got her a set of 8 books.
"Ann of Green Gables"

I love combining fun rides & family.I am hoping not to encounter any of the riders that have invaded STL this weekend. :cool:

I haven't seen mine in 2 days. I just got home from a 2 day stay at my local VA Hospital.

I got home & it started storming. I hope all our friends/members in the south Texas are safe. I feel bad many are going through a 2nd. round of flooding in 2 years.

I haven't seen mine in 2 days. I just got home from a 2 day stay at my local VA Hospital.

I got home & it started storming. I hope all our friends/members in the south Texas are safe. I feel bad many are going through a 2nd. round of flooding in 2 years.

Are you OK?

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO
Are you OK?

I have heart failure. I have for a dozen years & it does not normally cause big problems. I was just real fatigued all week & short of breath, so I went in Thursday morning & they admitted me & gave me some IV meds. I feel a lot better now that I'm home. Hopefully I'm good for another 10 years.:)

We are about done with the 90 hot days, so I am ready to get some riding in after our weekend storms.

I have heart failure. I have for a dozen years & it does not normally cause big problems. I was just real fatigued all week & short of breath, so I went in Thursday morning & they admitted me & gave me some IV meds. I feel a lot better now that I'm home. Hopefully I'm good for another 10 years.:)

We are about done with the 90 hot days, so I am ready to get some riding in after our weekend storms.

Wow, I am sorry to hear that

Slow down and get some riding in;)

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png