What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

On Sunday, In great 75 sunny temps, I got a nice 75 mile ride in to my sons house for BBQ.

It was my 1st test of the new extended toe shifter peg & extended heel shift arm & they worked great.

I now have full use of the floorboard & slide my foot back to upshift & no longer have to search for the toe shifter to downshift. Life is good.

What could be better than seeing my granddaughters & riding to do it, along with a free meal.:cool:

Glad you got a ride in. Could you please explain exactly how you grease it?

Sure, just like all the older baggers came from the factory with a grease fitting.

Where the sifter shaft goes thru the primary cover boss there used to be a grease fitting, I drilled and tapped mine and put in a fitting;) I did the same to my rear brake pedal, I know you replaced yours already and you now have a grease fitting?

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO
Sure, just like all the older baggers came from the factory with a grease fitting.

Where the sifter shaft goes thru the primary cover boss there used to be a grease fitting, I drilled and tapped mine and put in a fitting;) I did the same to my rear brake pedal, I know you replaced yours already and you now have a grease fitting?

Thanks Jack. I think that entire shift mechanism is better designed on the M8, but all moving parts benefit from lubrication.

I went to my STL dealer of choice, Doc's HD to have my speedometer unit replaced, under warranty, due to condensation covering the digital display.

The new unit was installed in under 45 minutes, they checked my tire pressure, lubed all pivot points/hinges & adjusted my parking brake, all at N/C. I declined the wash as it's drizzling outside today & did on me all the way home.

This is a quality dealership with superior customer service, and I highly recommend them.

If anyone is interested, the new speedo unit was $283.

My wife and I hopped on her trike and went to the parking lot for her to practice.

Then I took over the trike and we took a nice ride on the back road twisties and stopped for ice cream before heading home.

I was a good boy today, played in the yard all day & got my mower running, after pulling the plug out of the carb & cleaning the jet. I think I need to add a gas filter.

The whole time, I was thinking about riding the FW. I'm gonna clean it up & check everything, then gas it up & go riding.:cool:

I got a nice ride in today, not far, but I had a great time. I checked the fluids & polished it really well using official HD spray polish. Checked all tire pressures as well as the air shocks & all is well.

I gassed it up & reset the new speedo, which seems to be working well after a weird incident.

The "B" trip meter would not reset, then I noticed it was actually counting backwards. It started at about 10 miles & counted down to 0.0, then started working properly.

It was very strange, but it's working now & counting up as it should. The big thing is no condensation.:cool::clapping:

I also bought a new helmet, my 1st. modular in the brightest hi-viz yellow I have ever seen.

I switched to a yellow helmet 15 years ago & it decreased people turning in front of me by 90%.

I replaced the front fan on my Mighty Mites

Big Thank You to Papa Zook for the warranty on the fan

These are so simple in design, the fan is held in with a snap ring. Pop it off un do the wire connector , reverse to put in the new fan.

That is it. These are by far the easiest to work on and IMO the BEST bang for your buck;)

I replaced the front fan on my Mighty Mites

Big Thank You to Papa Zook for the warranty on the fan

These are so simple in design, the fan is held in with a snap ring. Pop it off un do the wire connector , reverse to put in the new fan.

That is it. These are by far the easiest to work on and IMO the BEST bang for your buck;)

Sure are easy to switch out all part of the thought process in design excellent product. Travel safe Fred

I will get a ride in to go see my granddaughter perform a gymnastic routine with her class.

Before I got the Freewheeer, I was upset when my son moved from my city to about 30 miles out, but now I enjoy the trip:cool:

The weather here has gone from rainy & cool to 90° today..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png