What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

I clean my trike up & get it all shiny, leave the house & get 5 miles & it storms like crazy for 2-3 minutes.

All total, I've rode 220 miles in 3 days, all within 35 miles of home.

My trike is running great, I've kept the revs pretty high & it delivered 38mpg.

UPDATE... If I baby it & go easy, I can get 40-41mpg, but it's just not as fun!

Coming home this afternoon it was 91° & I felt every degree.:cool:

Also, when I got home I checked & no codes.

No riding for me today, I just cleaned my FW again, using Lucas Speed Wax.

I have mention this product before, but if you have never tried it, it's an efficient, fast & easy way to clean your ride.

You can either spray it on a separate towel or right on the vehicle, it goes on like water, wipes off easily & shines beautifully. Just shake it well before using.:cool:

We have more storms coming in early tomorrow morning, possibly severe. Locally, they are having to drain levees to relieve the pressure, as they are fearing more breaches. Be safe out there.;)

Wanted to install my new Mustang seat, but it appears it does not fit with the way I have my tank lifted... I am hoping adjusting the tank works to install my seat!! Any suggestions?

Wanted to install my new Mustang seat, but it appears it does not fit with the way I have my tank lifted... I am hoping adjusting the tank works to install my seat!! Any suggestions?

I have a 1.5" deluxe tank lift & I know you have some leeway in moving the tank forward/back.

I don't have a Mustang, I have a HD Sundowner Tallboy, but they install the same way.

Let us know what you find.

My seat definitely needs to move forward some... It currently rests past where I need to secure it! Hopefully I can mess around with it this weekend... work gets in the way of having fun. Grrrr

My seat definitely needs to move forward some... It currently rests past where I need to secure it! Hopefully I can mess around with it this weekend... work gets in the way of having fun. Grrrr

Work did that to me also, so I quit.:) I have to raise the back end of my seat up at a large angle & bring it in to catch the tongue it hooks on, then lower the back end in place.

I have the seat all fixed!! I will need to get the backrest from Mustang Seats though. My grasshopper backrest will not work, the bar is too wide! Guess I will be selling that backrest... only had it a few months and do not need to let it sit in the garage gathering dust. I also had my reduced reach brake/clutch installed. Can't start my bike in first gear anymore, but that is not a big deal to me. Still need to install my flip blade highway pegs... they came in the mail today. :D

Saturday the bike goes in for the 1k check up. After that, I should be able to log some miles! :clapping:

I have the seat all fixed!! I will need to get the backrest from Mustang Seats though. My grasshopper backrest will not work, the bar is too wide! Guess I will be selling that backrest... only had it a few months and do not need to let it sit in the garage gathering dust. I also had my reduced reach brake/clutch installed. Can't start my bike in first gear anymore, but that is not a big deal to me. Still need to install my flip blade highway pegs... they came in the mail today. :D

Saturday the bike goes in for the 1k check up. After that, I should be able to log some miles! :clapping:

If you can't start your trike in gear, after applying the brake, you have a problem. When the new clutch/ brake levers got installed, the switches either got broke or misaligned.

[SUB]Rick from softbrake has a video on youtube about what to do if your bike does not start in gear after changing the lever. It is just a matter of shaving off a little bit of the ramp, as he calls it. Seems like a rather easy fix. It starts in neutral without issue and shifting doesn't appear to be a problem either! Thank you for the heads up though. :wave4:[/SUB]

I cleaned my FW up, checked all fluids, lights & did a diagnostic check & all was good.

I also checked the battery voltage & got 12.97 VDC. I plugged in the battery tender as I may not ride till next week.:cool:

Can't go wrong plugging in the battery tender. Mine stays hooked up whenever I am not on the Trike.

I hook it up when I know I'm not riding for a few days. These new batteries just hold a charge better than older versions. I have had it off charge for 4 days, plug it in & in 30 minutes it switches to maintenance mode.

I hook it up when I know I'm not riding for a few days. These new batteries just hold a charge better than older versions. I have had it off charge for 4 days, plug it in & in 30 minutes it switches to maintenance mode.

You are doing a BIG favor to your charging system using a tender:clapping:

Reactions: MDO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yantwohands

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yantwohands
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png