What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

This followed me home today:p

6000000005.jpg

I Ain't seen one that color yet , Look's Good . Ride the Piss Out of it and enjoy ! Be safe

I Ain't seen one that color yet , Look's Good . Ride the Piss Out of it and enjoy ! Be safe

Thanks Dan, I am heading out in the morning to do the break in miles so I can get the oil change in @ around 500 miles then again @ the 1000 mile mark. I do not take it in for any services except recalls , but I keep very good records and have yet to be called out on it;)

Thanks Dan, I am heading out in the morning to do the break in miles so I can get the oil change in @ around 500 miles then again @ the 1000 mile mark. I do not take it in for any services except recalls , but I keep very good records and have yet to be called out on it;)

On my new motor , I dumped the oil at 50 miles , It did not look good , I had that reuseable filter on took that off put on the new m8 filter, did it again at 250 cut the filter open all looked really good , Did a leak down test 4 % front 2% rear . The motor is so quiet no valve train noise , no primary noise . I better shut the f up before it BLOWS UP AGAIN ! Enjoy your new Trike

On my new motor , I dumped the oil at 50 miles , It did not look good , I had that reuseable filter on took that off put on the new m8 filter, did it again at 250 cut the filter open all looked really good , Did a leak down test 4 % front 2% rear . The motor is so quiet no valve train noise , no primary noise . I better shut the f up before it BLOWS UP AGAIN ! Enjoy your new Trike

I hope you have good luck with your new engine after the crap you went thru.

I am big on getting the first oil out of the engines way before the called for 1k;)

Reactions: MDO
I'm curious if the 114 is like my 107 was, the 1st. 1,000 miles, it burned almost a quart of oil, then stopped.

I will find out when I do a first oil change. I clocked 110 miles today;)

The owners manual for the 114 says to shift from 4th to fifth gear @ 45 mph, I suspected that with the spark knock technology early on the first M8 models this would happen, I often did shift my 17 like that even shifting into 6th gear above 50 mph. Keeping the RPM up around 2100 RPM is the key IMO

This 114 has a lot of power. It did not take much to get back to using a cable pull clutch.

It feels good, and releases sooner than the hydraulic clutch did.

It also feels to me this 114 runs a bit cooler than my 17 107

This 114 has a lot of power. It did not take much to get back to using a cable pull clutch.

Jack what do you think is a safe engine temp ? I went saturday to N Y 80 degrees, 80 mph, for about 80 miles, the highest engine temp was 272 going up a long hill about 3 miles its the highest elevation on the mass pike ? oil temp said 215 THANKS

Jack what do you think is a safe engine temp ? I went saturday to N Y 80 degrees, 80 mph, for about 80 miles, the highest engine temp was 272 going up a long hill about 3 miles its the highest elevation on the mass pike ? oil temp said 215 THANKS

Your oil temp looks good. The actual engine temperature seems to vary quite a bit on the Milwaukee 8 engines I have seen. My 17 Freewheeler ran right around 290 degrees most of the time according to a PV tuner.

I would like to see engine temps closer to the oil temps.

I have not checked my 21 114 yet. The PV does not at this time work with the new ECM and data port. It will need a new design cable.

I hope this answers your question.

That's good to hear Jack.

I'm curious about a couple things...what do you think of the new suspension as compared to the air shocks?

Also, how are you liking the new safety features?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redskin9

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redskin9
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png