What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

I think that it's kind of a personal thing. I didn't notice any difference in the steering when I put the lift kit on my Tri Glide or my Freewheeler. I did notice a better ride. A lot of people do notice a difference in the steering though.

I noticed a difference in the steering with the lift kit. I noticed a bigger difference, however with different bars (I put the Harley Reach bars on). All I can figure out is that they place your hands further away from the pivot point, giving you more leverage....

YMMV

Lon

Here is an update to me selling my trike to Durango HD.

They received my FW and where very happy with it's condition, setup and accessories.

It sold the next day to a lady so she could ride with her husband & his Triglide.

She was very happy.:Dorag:

Sweet........And a little bittersweet at the same time...But there's times when you have to do what you have to do....

I must have been born under a bad sign, got caught in a downpour again today

For the most part I do not mind the rain, it is the lightning that scares me

Plus, I just washed and waxed it from yesterdays downpour, I really hate washing and waxing:p

I must have been born under a bad sign, got caught in a downpour again today

For the most part I do not mind the rain, it is the lightning that scares me

Plus, I just washed and waxed it from yesterdays downpour, I really hate washing and waxing:p

Yep, rain is fine, especially when it's hot....it's the lightning that is a bugger.

Have you thought about ceramic coating? It is a PITA, but you only have to do it once. After that, everything is easier.

Like you, I'd much rather be riding than washing and waxing.

Kevin

Today @820 miles I changed my oil and filter

I had a gift card @ my dealer so I used it for straight 50 weight dino oil for the finish up of the break in miles ( I like straight weight oil in the summer months)

I cut the old fiter apart, I am not very impressed with the New and improved M8 longer filter

Any way, the rain has passed and I will do some more miles later when it is cooler outside

I am undecided if I will switch to synthetic on this engine, time will tell

Today @820 miles I changed my oil and filter

I had a gift card @ my dealer so I used it for straight 50 weight dino oil for the finish up of the break in miles ( I like straight weight oil in the summer months)

I cut the old fiter apart, I am not very impressed with the New and improved M8 longer filter

Any way, the rain has passed and I will do some more miles later when it is cooler outside

I am undecided if I will switch to synthetic on this engine, time will tell

More info on the filter please. I am using up the old style,1 more to go.. Thinking of these filters Hiflofiltro Black 2 Pack HF170BRC-2

Premium Racing Oil Filter,

I started using this oil after a lot of reading. Liqui Moly 2024 Synthoil Race Tech GT1 10W-60 Motor Oil My temps dropped after use.

Any thoughts??

Bill, I think the Liquid Molly oil will serve you well

I have a friend in Phoenix that has been using it and puts a lot of miles on even in the desert heat, he swears by that oil

Now for the HD filters. I was expecting more filter media than I found in the NEW ( bigger) HD filters

I feel Harley could have had their supplier do better JMO

I think your choice of filters for your next change will be a good one, I hear good things about that filter

I have a friend in Phoenix that has been using it and puts a lot of miles on even in the desert heat, he swears by that oil

Now for the HD filters. I was expecting more filter media than I found in the NEW ( bigger) HD filters

I think your choice of filters for your next change will be a good one, I hear good things about that filter

Thanks Jack

Last year when doing a service I went to the local dealer and asked for the new M8 filter. When he brought it out it was not in a box as they were just becoming available and they were starting to get them in bulk for the service department. Anyway he handed it to me and we heard a noise. The filter media did not fill the can and you could hear it hit the end when you moved the filter back and forth / up and down. We both thought it was a longer can with the same media as the shorter filter. I said 'no thanks' and bought the standard old filter introduced with the TC back in '99. Don't think I'll be changing. May check out the filter you mentioned Bill but honestly I'm a bit 'gun shy' about not using a H-D filter what with warranty / ESP. Hate to have a problem and something for them to point a finger at.

Last year when doing a service I went to the local dealer and asked for the new M8 filter. When he brought it out it was not in a box as they were just becoming available and they were starting to get them in bulk for the service department. Anyway he handed it to me and we heard a noise. The filter media did not fill the can and you could hear it hit the end when you moved the filter back and forth / up and down. We both thought it was a longer can with the same media as the shorter filter. I said 'no thanks' and bought the standard old filter introduced with the TC back in '99. Don't think I'll be changing. May check out the filter you mentioned Bill but honestly I'm a bit 'gun shy' about not using a H-D filter what with warranty / ESP. Hate to have a problem and something for them to point a finger at.

Maybe was just my dealer,but from first change ,I was using Mobil1 filters & oil never an issue.

Reactions: MDO
Added license plate Bracket (#67900187) to Right fender, My group riders was making me ride in the rear said I was throwing rock at them. My goal is finding mud flips (pow) that will fit. Can't find those red bolds with wing nut on back like the L side, still looking. Had dealer order it & put it on a little over a 100$.

Up Date: HD Dealer has the red bolts with wing nuts.

My Bike.jpg

Last edited:
Grocery shopping between rain storms

Keeping an eye on the tropics this week end, looks like Florida will be under the gun

I am alo noticing less felt heat and rocker arm noise with the Straight 50 weight HD dino oil I put in @ 820 miles, the break in oil was pretty dirty, drain plug magnet hat a bit of fuzz.

I dunno if I will stay with HD dino oil, may switch over to a full synthetic 50 weight

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rramo
Back