What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

I am not done yet with replacing the spark plugs & installing the new Thunderbolt 50 plug wires, due to the spark plug mix-up, but there are a couple items worth noting:

1. The original plugs I pulled, at 2 years & 8,500 miles, looked great. They could have been left in with no performance issues at all. They also looked exactly the same. This next set will go 3 years.

2. The original plug wires are nylon wire tied to the frame, and I have not given them a through inspection, but where they were tied, they were too tight & cut the outer insulation.

The new wires are so much better quality, it won't be a issue, plus I will install them properly.

I did wiring bundle installations on F18's at McDonnell Douglas & you use a manual gun to tighten & cut those nylon tie wraps & if the gun is not set properly, you can damage cables.

The stock spark plug cables are also very flimsy IMO.

I finished my installation of the new plugs, plug wires & the DK Customs air wing deflectors.

I have not got to go for a ride yet, but its running strong. I am going to do a separate post on the new plug wires later.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention, while I had the tank off, I checked every bolt I could get to and found nothing loose. I also inspected all the wiring routed along the frame & found no issues.

It doesn't look like I'm riding today as it's been storming for 12 hours & we have another 36 hours to go.

It doesn't look like I'm riding today as it's been storming for 12 hours & we have another 36 hours to go.

Wow, you guys are taking a big hit with all this rain

Has the flooding settled down any?

I saw the damage on the weather channel, it sure sucks

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO
Wow, you guys are taking a big hit with all this rain

Has the flooding settled down any?

I saw the damage on the weather channel, it sure sucks

Rivers are receding a little, but there are still hundreds of roads closed & widespread damage.

It's a terrible situation & it will take months to resolve.

Did some riding with my wife yesterday taking turns at the helm. Beautiful weather for a change.

Reactions: MDO
I got a 90 mile ride in today mainly along the roads that run along the Missouri river.

My Freewheeler is simply running great. It's amazing to me that minor changes make such a big difference in performance. I'm talking about,

A tank lift kit ( I selected a 1.5" deluxe)

Taylor performance spark plug wires

An external breather system.

K&N Air filter in the stock box.

Cooling wing deflectors

Thanks again to DK Customs for great products.:cool:

I forgot to add that many of the roads along the Missouri river have water up to the edge of the road & farmers fields still have water on them. It's gonna be awhile till it's back to normal.

Brushed the left rear fender against a concrete column this morning and cracked the reflector. :(

I got a 75 mile ride in to visit family & it was steamy with 93° real temps & a heat index of 97:Turkey::blush:

That's hot enough. My FW is running great though. When I got my good deal on a boatload of Redline products, the boxes included a couple bottles of their concentrated fuel system cleaner. Once a month I have been adding 2 oz. of it to my tank for preventive maintenance.

When it's gone, I will go back to Seafoam.

Besides buy it?

CD halos up front

Visor for the headlight

Chrome visors on the turn signals

Took off the heel shifter added the cap

New passenger boards (chrome off my RGS)

Chrome shifter linkage

CVO solo seat and road with the rider backrest

Chrome switch housings

Teardrop mirrors

Brake pedal pad

Performance machine Renthal wrapped grips

Waiting on the engine guard adapter that I just found out I dont need. Putting my lowers on this for speakers

Waiting on the black daymaker headlight and CD truebeam tail lights.

Went on a 75 mile family group ride today. I led, my wife rode her trike and my son followed on his Sportster.

Beautiful weather and scenery.

It was my wife's first time riding solo on roads. She done good. It was a mix of two lane roads, highway up to 55, and some in town stop and go. We kept the speeds in check. Up until today I always rode with her as a passenger to guide her.

Went on a 75 mile family group ride today. I led, my wife rode her trike and my son followed on his Sportster.

Beautiful weather and scenery.

It was my wife's first time riding solo on roads. She done good. It was a mix of two lane roads, highway up to 55, and some in town stop and go. We kept the speeds in check. Up until today I always rode with her as a passenger to guide her.

Sounds like you all 3 had a wonderful day.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png