Im back among the living

pcombe

Feb 25, 2013
casper,wy. usa
I am getting interested in the world again after having lost my wife to cancer four months ago on August 12th.

I just haven't felt like talking to anybody and have isolated myself because I just don't want to hear about any of gods plans and such shit anymore.

I know they mean well and are trying to comfort but it's a piss poor substitute for my bride of 35 years.

Can't wrap my arms around religious doctrine for the near foreseeable future.

However, you may be able to help me out here?

View attachment 65337

paul 1.jpg

I just pulled the trigger on an S&S 11" engine and Baker gearing to convert my 5-speed tranny to a 6 speed with overdrive.

There isint anything at all wrong with my 80" Evo motor I just want to be able to pull good loads so want a little more power.

I need to get the hell out of here, No reason to stay, I may even sell out and go somewhere warm?

My evo has about 30-35,000 miles on it.

Heres the deal:

Does anybody know any positive things about the Ultima 127" brute motor?

I look on the internet and all i see are the ones who have had problems with it?

I am well aware of the problems but this engine has been around for a while and they are still selling them!

I would like to hear about anything positive?

This bike I believe is a kit bike from midwest motorcycle I was bought by a guy who went to prison forever, His girlfriend had the title, She died and her brother inherited the bike and it has sat for years.

127" Ultima brute

View attachment 65338

View attachment 65339

View attachment 65340

I may even turn it into a trike at some point?

View attachment 65341

View attachment 65342

There are lots of things I would change about this bike but in truth, the engine doesn't make a hell of a lot of difference to me because my Evo would marry right up to the trans etc.

P.s. I flew to Waynesville, NC in October and had the chance to visit the Wheels through time museum in nearby Maggie Valley.

Cool stuff!

drove the tail of the dragon in a car, Beautiful country and am kicking around selling out and moving there?

The end of Sept. I had to escape after all the trauma with the wife and ran through Wyoming, flaming George, Utah, the million dollar highway in Colorado and down into the canyon lands and monuments nat. park.

It just wasn't long enough for me and now I'm in Casper freezing my butt and I'm going nuts need something to do?

Paul, welcome back. I lost my wife this past July after 50 years of marriage so I can relate to what you are feeling. My "don't give a sh*t attitude is bad but I am trying not to make any quick decisions about what I am going to do going forward; trying to wait a year and really think it through but it is tough.

God bless and take care.

Sunman

Been praying for you every day

Paul, I am not an overly religious man but I am starting to believe my wife. Everything happens for a reason.

When I was 14 years old, my brother fell out of a tree in our back yard, subsequently he died. Up to that point my father was a fairly religious person. His loss made him very angry and he stopped believing, or so he would say.

Even at 14 years old, I saw the disparity of his attitude and swore to myself that it wouldn't happen to me. That became a life lesson. You still have good memories of your shared lives to celebrate and your spouse would not want you doing otherwise, would she ?

Being holed up in Wyoming in the winter, although it is a beautiful state, doesn't allow you to get out and about like you really need to. Spending long hours on T/T doesn't cut it either. A move might be the best for you both physically and mentally. She is going to be with you wherever you go so you really aren't running from her or your memories.

Warmer climes is a good thing and you still have defined seasons ..... except Florida, I'd steer clear of living there B/C that's where they find all of the 'America's Most Wanted' people.

That 127 is remarkable and reliable when left in stock configuration but may be too much torque for a 'Belt Driven Trike' operated in a spirited way.

Still in my prayers too.

Wanted to send you a PM, but can't !!!

Paul, glad to see you back on the channel and looking at a new project.

There’s probably a double handful of us on TrikeTalk who have experienced the agonizing loss of a spouse or significant other.

Having the social camaraderie of TrikeTalk has helped me lots of days to get through these hot Texas summers and chilly winter days. I’ve made some great acquaintances through our annual TrikeTalk Kerrville TX gatherings.

Don’t be a stranger and good luck with your project.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png