J&S motorcycle jack for a Freewheeler?

Dante221

Reaction score
Hello All

Was wondering if anyone has used a J&S standard motorcycle jack

to lift a Freewheeler? I have messaged J&S about this and am awaiting a reply.

I would only lift just long enough to reposition in the garage and keep it

VERY close to the ground

Thanks very much :)

Dante

According to a chart on the web sight. For trikes:

Yes w/ Trike Lift – HD Tri Glide and HD Freewheeler

*No Conversion Trikes*

Must be the trike jack.

Hello All

VERY close to the ground

Dante

If thats all you need, just get 2 car dollies & a motorcycle dolly for the front.

You can usually find used one's pretty cheap compared to new.

Yes I thought of that...

It's just that I already have the the jack and I don't

have the three car dollys yet.

We'll see...

Dante

The JACK

Hello All

VERY close to the ground

Dante[/QUOTE]

I use a Harbor Freight jack that I upgraded the hand pump portion of jack to 1.0 ton. Got pump at Harbor Freight then for around 20.00.Most motorcycle jack stands are made quite sturdy,but the pumps they put on them determine the lift capacities. Freewheeler would need at least a pump jack rated at 3/4 of a ton at minimum.

I believe...

I use a Harbor Freight jack that I upgraded the hand pump portion of jack to 1.0 ton. Got pump at Harbor Freight then for around 20.00.Most motorcycle jack stands are made quite sturdy,but the pumps they put on them determine the lift capacities. Freewheeler would need at least a pump jack rated at 3/4 of a ton at minimum.

Gerald ,the J&S Jack has a 6 ton bottle jack and can lift 2000lbs. I'm sure the capacity is there...it's the

shape of the underside of the trike I'm concerned about. :confused:

I suspect I will put up the J&S for sale and use car dollies instead.

I will wait & see what J&S says

Thanks all!

Dante

According to a chart on the web sight. For trikes:

Yes w/ Trike Lift – HD Tri Glide and HD Freewheeler

*No Conversion Trikes*

Must be the trike jack.

Right answer, J & S two wheel jack is different than the TriGlide or Freewheeler jack per their web site. Not a cheap jack to buy.

It would have been nice of J+S to have a conversion kit for sale for those of us with the two wheel jack. I know, profit....money, money money. But gosh to spend $700 twice is just plain asking too much. Besides I have more chrome to buy dang it! :xzqxz:

J & S Trike Jack - heads up info!

Just for everyone's information....I actually purchased the Trike Jack thinking it would work perfectly for my 2017 Freewheeler. I did so, because I really liked the 2-wheel J & S Jack I bought previously when I owned my Softail Deluxe (awesome jack).

But now the sad news...…..The Trike Jack did not work with my new 2017 Freewheeler! :mad::mad::mad: The cradle piece that elevates so that it misses hitting the emergency brake didn't clear the brake, and appeared to hit other components like exhaust crossover pipes. It was even to tight up against the fender when trying to jack it up. So, after repeatedly trying to get the J & S folks to return my calls, I had no other choice than to send the jack back to them (at my expense-which wasn't cheap) DO NOT BUY THIS J & S JACK for a Freewheeler! :nonono::furious::ranting:

J&S jack is crap. Had a piece break on my jack only after using twice, I emailed and called repeatedly, no answer. Finally had do my own research for the part. First and last time I will buy from them!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png