Looking for some Help

The pics help a lot ... now I just need to get well and try to fix it.

There is another option ... I've been thinking of going to an f4 windscreen ... Loved Carla's on her bike .. if I did the 2" taller and 2" wider .. I don't think I'd ever need to "Adjust" it. I like the idea of easy maintenance and supporting our sponsors ... :D

Sponser or not the F4 Plus 2 or Plus 4 is wonderful.. I have the plus 4 on my wing and I love it. Clean up is the best I've ever had and I've riden wings since 1983.

I think I've owned them all, but my F4 will last me a life time. Nothing compares to it. Plus, if you ever need another one, ( wrecked buy or buy new one) you get 10% off price since you purchased before.

I have the F4+4 and love it. Easy to care for and very little, if any, vibration when the semi's pass. I don't miss not being able to adjust it but it might bother others.

Optic Armor is another option. If I hadn't found a killer deal on a barely used F4 I would have went with the optic shield.

Great video that shows all you need to know

I found this video ... yes I have to much time on my hands with the knee thing .. and yes, I'm a little obsessive when it comes to things being right.

Anyway ... this video shows a neat fix ... only catch ... you need a welder ... wait .. I have one .... :D ... I feel a teardown in my future ... ya know .. when the knee can handle it ... :AGGHH:

Last of what I have. Hope this helps.

Good pics.

They would have possibly saved me from almost breaking my hand smacking the top of the screen

I got lucky and eventually it released.

Next time if there is one.

Im removing the part and hope the side slider adjusters are good enough to hold things in place.

I know it will jam up again some day.

Just have no clue when some day is....

find

i found this on eBay ...

Windshield Slider 98.95.jpg

my plan is to remove the windshield adjuster, do the "fix" with the welder, and just install it in Jessica. Then do the fix on Jessica's as a spare, or if someone needs one ... I'll have it.

After many long drooling moments looking at the f4 windscreens, I really think I would like the plus 2. It is 2" taller than stock and a 1/2" wider than stock on each side and the adjuster will still work with it. 2" taller would still allow me to look over it by an inch or two, but if i got caught in a big rain, or cold wind, I could raise it (assuming the windshield adjuster mod goes as plan) to full height and hide behind it. I'd get the vented one, cause it just makes sense to me for summer riding.

So I suppose I will wait for the windshield mod thing ... if it works, I have no doubt it won't, I'll get the f4 plus 2". If it doesn't, I'll get the f4 plus 4 and lock it in place, because they say the taller wider windshield will not allow the slider to work.

Since I don't know the appropriate place to ask this of any of you who have bought the F4 or the +2.

Anyone still have, or wish to sell their OEM windshield???

Im in need of an OEM for my 2010......

Thanks

Jay

Okay ... so this afternoon, my spare windshield adjustment thingie came. Took it apart, so I know how to get the other one out.

Okay, so I went to dig the welder out to do the mod and it is buried under lawn tools. I thought I would try the other fix. It actually was very easy. Piece of sheet metal, a screw, a washer and some grinding. Now that little hummer can't get out. Had to do some "adjustments", but it works really well off the bike.

If this thing works as well on the bike as it does off the bike ... I think there is an F4 +2 in my future ... :D

2019-02-15 15.57.57.jpg

You can see the little piece of light silver sheet metal in the shuttle, and the shinny screw. The screw is shiny because after I got it all put together and tightened, I ground it down to allow it to clear all the obstacles so it can slide full cycle.

My plan is to pull the one out of the bike, put this one in and then mod the old one ... spare can't be bad ... :D

Looks good. Just so I understand, you screwed the sheet metal screw into the threaded hole correct? What was in that hole when it's attached to the bike?

It's actually screwed into the back side of where the windshield screws on. I had to cut the threads back on the screw to allow the windshield mounting screw to go in all the way. Not sure when I'm gonna tackle putting it in, Maybe Sunday or Monday.

Looks like you're all set, if I ever take my +4 screen off I'll need to replace mine because it fell out and I had no idea what it was. Don't need it with the +4 though.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png